News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

the learning curve

Started by Roads, September 04, 2012, 01:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

I'm using version 111.3 again.  The last few days have been big learning process for me and I want to apologize for all my "needy" posts.  From now on hopefully I'll be more self sufficient but like most good things, Simutrans has a pretty big learning curve.

I've stopped using the addon directory for the game to load files I want added.  Now I keep the addon directory as a repository and just copy the files I want out of it into the pak I want to play.  If a particular file I want doesn't show up then I rename it using the convention zxx.  This should give me 100 files as addons.  If anyone can foresee a problem with this, please let me know.

ӔO

I'd say the learning curve is pretty high for rail and economics, but I think it's quite easy to setup road networks.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Jaridan

true, i don't consider myself the pro simtrunaser per se, but i know what i'm doing (mostly) when it comes to freight'n'trains/roads (dont have much experience with passengers yet, aswell as airports) and i learned a lot from seeing those y-junctions that are going round atm.

One thing i find really hard is if you try to manage to make a profit in pak128 (1930s), but it seems long distance freight + speed bonus seal the deal there(ofc the profit for long distance is pretty high in 64 and other paks aswell)

Roads

Yes AEO, you are right.  When I first began playing I had no trouble at all building roads, depots and setting up routes.

I was referring to things like developing strategies and personalizing the game.  Of course these two things are generally not available in games.

ӔO

Very true. Strategies and personalizing is quite tricky. I'm sure those can be quite tricky even for seasoned players.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: