News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

stop moving tool enhancement

Started by Fabio, September 12, 2012, 05:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Editing a schedule now display a red square for each tile included.
I wish the same behavior for the stop moving tool. Selecting the tool all stops/waypoints for all existing lines should become red, too. Additionally, clicking on one of them should turn that tile e.g. yellow waiting for the second click.

Roads

At the risk of appearing even more dense than y'all probably already think I am, what is the stop moving tool?  The pause button?

If so, I need to think about this some.  At first blush I didn't like it much but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Combuijs

Quote from: Roads on September 12, 2012, 08:16:33 PM
At the risk of appearing even more dense than y'all probably already think I am, what is the stop moving tool?  The pause button?

No Fabio means the button that moves all lines having a stop on a certain station/platform to another station/platform...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Roads

I think I have figured out what y'all are talking about.  If you click the "details" button just under the picture of the station you get another popup.  I had never noticed this before.  Thanks.

TurfIt

No. See picture...

Roads

Ah, no wonder I couldn't figure it out.  I don't have that button.  It must be a version later than 111.3.1 - r5843

Fifty

Quote from: Roads on September 13, 2012, 01:24:17 AM
Ah, no wonder I couldn't figure it out.  I don't have that button.  It must be a version later than 111.3.1 - r5843
It's been around for some time. It may look a little different in pak 128, but it is in the same menu. Hover over each until you see "Replace stop"

While on the subject of making this tool more functional, perhaps it could be made to transfer multi-tile rail stations effectively by clicking and dragging along entire platforms. Currently, this tool is not very useful for moving rail stops.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

prissi

It was made such a way to deliberately transfer only a single tile. For instance, if you want to destroy one station platform, you have to move all train with this as target. Other line (maybe on top level crossing) should not hail the new platform then.

But one could think of moving everything that hails to the whole platform in question, and highlight this at least.

Roads

Combuijs

Special construction toolbar: 13th button from the left, 5th from the right.

Roads

Gotcha Combuijs, thanks.  Now I see and understand.

IMHO, this is one of those subtle things that should appear obvious to a half wit but I think I have at least half a wit and it did not to me.  So I have to agree with Fabio, this needs to be clearer as to exactly what will occur because it is hard to remember all the routes that might use that particular stop/station/wharf/airport as I assume it would work for all four types of transportation terminals.

Also if you happen not to notice the button name, you are clueless.

Modify:  After thinking about this some and other recent events, part of the difficulty for me is the game terminology and language usage differences.  In my game this button is called "change stop" which is very intuitive but completely different from what Fabio called it - "the stop moving tool."  For me, these two things are not synonyms, in fact they have very different meanings.  At any rate I think Fabio's suggestion is good.  I would never use an automated tool like that without being able to see all the implications.  The way points alone could be quite a headache.

Combuijs

Quote from: Roads on September 13, 2012, 11:24:55 AM
So I have to agree with Fabio, this needs to be clearer as to exactly what will occur because it is hard to remember all the routes that might use that particular stop/station/wharf/airport as I assume it would work for all four types of transportation terminals.

In the "details" part of the station you will see which lines use the station. If you do the "replace stop" function, this part will update automatically to the changed situation.

In Fabio's proposal you will see some tiles light up, but you still don't know to which line they belong.

Roads

Thanks again Combuijs.

This gives me a further understanding and makes me think I will never use it.  This is mainly because my games are always much smaller than most people play and I suspect my stations have more route connections.  It does seem this is a handy tool for large games...