News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Compiling makeobj from Experimental sources

Started by Carl, February 06, 2012, 12:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

I've been trying, without success, to compile makeobj from the -devel branch in MSVC Express 2010.

Two questions:

1. Which project should be compiled -- the makeobj.vcxproj in the root directory or one of the projects in the /makeobj/ directory?

2. Attempting to compile either of these runs into a fatal error in a call to a file -- 'tpl\debug_helper.cc' -- which doesn't appear to be present.

Any advice gratefully received!

jamespetts

Hmm - can you see if you can find the Makeobj.sln file in the Github repository? That's the place to start, I think.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Attempting to compile /makeobj/makeobj.sln gives the following errors:
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class float32e8_t const __thiscall float32e8_t::operator/(class float32e8_t const &)const " (??Kfloat32e8_t@@QBE?BV0@ABV0@@Z)[/size]
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class float32e8_t const __thiscall float32e8_t::operator*(class float32e8_t const &)const " (??Dfloat32e8_t@@QBE?BV0@ABV0@@Z)
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall float32e8_t::set_value(int)" (?set_value@float32e8_t@@QAEXH@Z)
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall float32e8_t::set_value(unsigned int)" (?set_value@float32e8_t@@QAEXI@Z)
1>image_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static unsigned int const * const bild_besch_t::rgbtab" (?rgbtab@bild_besch_t@@2QBIB)
1>vehicle_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall imagelist3d_writer_t::write_obj(struct _iobuf *,class obj_node_t &,class slist_tpl<class slist_tpl<class slist_tpl<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > > > > const &)" (?write_obj@imagelist3d_writer_t@@QAEXPAU_iobuf@@AAVobj_node_t@@ABV?$slist_tpl@V?$slist_tpl@V?$slist_tpl@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@@@@@@@Z)

jamespetts

It looks as though the file imagelist_3d_writer.cc has not been added to the project (I'm not sure why your version should be different to mine). Try adding that and see whether it compiles then.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

I'm still having some trouble getting this to compile.

First, when I try to open /makeobj/makeobj.sln in VC++2010 Express, it complains that it cannot open the solution since it cannot find makeobj-experimental.vcxproj. There is indeed no such file, so I first edit the sln file to refer instead to makeobj-experimental.vcproj, which does exist.

After going through the conversion process, compiling fails due to references to two absent files: \utils\ctstring_t.cc and \tpl\debug_helper.cc. I delete both of these files from the project.

Upon attempting to compile again, I receive a large number of errors. At this point I apply the advice given above: adding imagelist_3d_writer.cc and imagelist_3d_writer.h to the project. I also added imagelist_3d_reader.cc and imagelist_3d_reader.h for good measure.

After this I attempt to compile again, and am left with the following few errors:

1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class float32e8_t const __thiscall float32e8_t::operator/(class float32e8_t const &)const " (??Kfloat32e8_t@@QBE?BV0@ABV0@@Z)
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class float32e8_t const __thiscall float32e8_t::operator*(class float32e8_t const &)const " (??Dfloat32e8_t@@QBE?BV0@ABV0@@Z)
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall float32e8_t::set_value(int)" (?set_value@float32e8_t@@QAEXH@Z)
1>building_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall float32e8_t::set_value(unsigned int)" (?set_value@float32e8_t@@QAEXI@Z)
1>image_writer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static unsigned int const * const bild_besch_t::rgbtab" (?rgbtab@bild_besch_t@@2QBIB)

These seem to be similar to those I quoted back in February.

Any ideas for what I should try next?

--------------------

Edit:
The image_writer error disappears by adding bild_besch.cc and .h to the project.

The building_writer errors disappear by adding float32e8_t.cc and .h to the project.

The project now compiles! :D

jamespetts