News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

The early game profitbaility issue

Started by PkK, September 24, 2012, 12:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PkK

IMO it is much too hard to make a profit in the early game. Building maintenance is just too much to cover with the small profits that small, slow vehicles give. I like to start in 1920 or a bit earlier, but I always have to reduce maintenance costs or give me lots of starting money to survive.

How about adding some low-cost, low-capacity train and road stops to counter this issue somewhat?

Philipp

greenling

Pkk
You may only play the pak128 in 1930.
Before still missing very many vehicles.
The Pak128 britain is playable from 1750.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

PkK

Quote from: greenling on September 24, 2012, 03:43:51 PM
Pkk
You may only play the pak128 in 1930.

That looks like a quite strong statement.

The Pak128 britain is playable from 1750.

You may not be able to transport every type of good in the early days, so you'll have to go for the others first, but that doesn't make it unplayable. The infrastructure costs hurt though, so I suggest to do something about it.

Philipp

Combuijs

QuoteYou may only play the pak128 in 1930.

That looks like a quite strong statement.

While that statement is indeed too strong, it nevertheless contains a truth. Pak128 was designed to be played from 1930. Of course you can start earlier, but you will have all kind of problems, like the one you mention. You can either play with the freeplay option, so you can't go broke, or you can make your own add-ons for say the 1900-1930 period as Pak128 is fully open source.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

greenling

Combuijs/pkk
That what i have be say:
QuoteYou may only play the pak128 in 1930.
I have be look in Pak128 and have here some facts:
The Factorys cam in the Year 1900.
The first Steamloc cam October 1901.
The first Bus for Road Cam in Juni 1919.
The first Tram cam Juni 1901.
It have gives Some Addon´s with they it was Possible to play before 1930 but those Addon´s needs a Workaround.
And the Factorys in Pak128 needs a good Timeline.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Jaridan

i'm playing pak 1930 with 2 or 4 industries at the beginning, but i still find it very hard to make a good profit (maybe cause the towns are pretty small on default setting of an average of 1600)