News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Winter is coming

Started by Fabio, September 29, 2012, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

mEGa - will you collect the files you fix, or should I?

PS: I tried to do this in the past, but somehow, it didn't work as well as I wanted...

edit: Abbey winter graphic now in r987.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

mEGa

Quote from: VS on October 17, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
mEGa - will you collect the files you fix, or should I?

PS: I tried to do this in the past, but somehow, it didn't work as well as I wanted...
I shall collect all fixed files in zip when it will be finish. In this post as Fabio made, I just present to community modifications. Are you agree with this method ?
Quote from: VS on October 17, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
edit: Abbey winter graphic now in r987.
Sorry, I'm afraid my first mod is not perfect... I made a new version without lighten colors bugs...
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

VS

All right, I will wait for a package :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Finally another 2 buildings, they took so long!
The reason is that the original ones look pretty good, so it took me forever to get the edge with them...
Hence, after I found the way to work them properly, I decided to create one more using the same template, level 60 ;)

NEWOLD

mEGa

@ Fabio
your improvements are good and buildings look better imho
The project continues...
here first modification of several churches.

note : I wondered for the mosquee... But finally I added the snow because of the following discussion:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10591.msg102373#msg102373
(Fabio said :I wonder if buildings for hot climates should have snow on the roofs as well.
Honestly, I would like so, at least for new buildings, in case the winter snow line is set specially low
.)

EDIT :
I added my nickname to the intial copyright. Are you agree with that ?

Quote from: VS on October 18, 2012, 09:56:35 AM
All right, I will wait for a package :)
Euh... Another question and precision :
Who modify the dat file to fix winter parameter of image ?

Fabio

:thumbsup:

VERY nice job, mEGa!

It's fine to add your name in the picture and in the Copyright string in the dats.
I do the same, after asking VS.

Lmallet

Quote from: mEGa on October 18, 2012, 03:51:29 PM
note : I wondered for the mosquee... But finally I added the snow because of the following discussion:

Mosques should not be specific to a climate IMO.  Canada has a number of snow covered mosques.  :)

greenling

This buildings are very cool. 8)
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Another tower (55) + another brand new one (60):

NEWOLD

Sarlock

Great work as usual, Fabio.  I love how you are adding new buildings based on the same template (just changing colours and a few tweaks) and giving the pak more level 60 build for added variety.  Once they are all live in pak128, a high level city will look a lot more varied!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

mEGa

End of part 1 of winter modification of churches :

@ VS, here zip file including sources (.xcf by Gimp), dat and png fixed files for :

• church_0
  • church_2
  • church_3
  • church_4
  • church_5
  • church_6
:down: http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:special_buildings_mod-mega_part1_churches.zip

I hope it's corresponding for svn repository.

el_slapper

You guys are making professional quality graphics. I bow before your greatness. Thanks!

Fabio

@mEGa:

The last one is impressive!

By the way, as you got that small bridge right, would you feel like helping me with RES_08_11, which features the same bridge? ;)

@el_slapper:
Thank you a lot!!!

Fabio

Another building:

NEWOLD

Here's the release of this third part:

:down: winter-res-03-121019.zip

It contains the last 6 buildings and a new png for RES_13_60, which contained a few minor glitches.

As I don't have commit rights to the SVN, I ask please to VS (or Zeno) to download them and commit this set, together with mEGa's a few posts above.

Thank you!

mEGa

Than you very much to all for your kind comments.
Quote from: Fabio on October 19, 2012, 11:03:14 AM
@mEGa:
By the way, as you got that small bridge right, would you feel like helping me with RES_08_11, which features the same bridge? ;)
Of course I would. See joined file and take it (Obviously you can modify all elements if you want ;) )
joined file including .xcf and .png files
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:res_08_11.zip

Fabio

It's just perfect like this! Thank you! I think it can be included in the forthcoming commit, too. ;)

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on October 19, 2012, 01:27:16 PM
It's just perfect like this! Thank you! I think it can be included in the forthcoming commit, too. ;)
My pleasure ;-) But I forgot to apply your special color help filter for lighten color ! So modified png file is joined sorry !

Fabio

Did you prepare the dat as well?

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on October 19, 2012, 02:05:37 PM
Did you prepare the dat as well?
OK all files is included in zip files
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:res_08_11.zip

And now beginning of part2 of churches :  I work slowly because the details of these buildings are many

greenling

mEGa
Those Building with Snow looks very good out.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

sdog

Fabio, in case you have the buildings already in-game, would you please make a screenshot of an ensemble of them? I'd like to post something on g+ (and blog), to report of your WIP, but don't know where to start. [i've overlooked this thread for quite a while]

VS

Mega's churches, 3rd batch from Fabio and the 08_11 park are in (r980,981). Great work, guys!

mEGa

Thank you VS, but I'm afraid you have to again commit because I found some bugs of special colors by night in church files (Grrr it's my black ship  :o !!!)
Sorry ! :-[
Last work : part2 of churches

another churches of part2 in joined files

Here link to download file zip including full corrected files of churches (old_part1 and 2 ready for commit) :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=fr:special_buildings_churches.zip

Fabio

Great work, mEGa!

The following was for me the hardest building to process, so far.
The original one had a very high quality, but it was completely out of scale, so I had to remake it, and this gave me quite hard time. I hope I preserved some of the spirit of the original building.
(And I would suggest Pak64 friends to take the old one and make a 2x2 attraction building ;))

NEWOLD

Sarlock

Thank you, thank you, Fabio!  The new version looks fabulous!  I bet you are getting some great ideas for making new types of residential high-rise buildings.

greenling

I Think that the Winterprojekt for Pak128 be very nice it,but we must beginn to talk with wernieman over the Size from the new Pakfiles.
He has two weeks before over upload problems in german simutrans forum be talk.

mEGa

new modification stage : curiosities...

It's hardly to modify, because some addons are old ! I try to improve without  losing too much time...

mEGa

Continuation...

Fabio

Wow mEGa, your work is simply great!

I must only point out 2 things:

1) futuristic_tower_0 is overly ugly... your snow effect is ok, but it would actually need being scrapped and replace with a whole new futuristic tower. Maybe the old image, overhauled, could be recycled as an additional lighthouse built starting from 1960.

2) the triumph arch would be awesome if rotated... well, just if it's possible ;)

sdog

You could keep futuristic tower and rename it, in translators, to "ugly rotating restaurant at a scenic spot". There's Skylon tower next to Niagara falls, that is similarily equally ugly. It might serve as a good starting point in case you want to update it to the new style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skylon_Tower

Fabio

Another 4 buildings out of one ;)

NEWOLD

Fabio

Quote from: sdog on October 19, 2012, 09:36:36 PM
Fabio, in case you have the buildings already in-game, would you please make a screenshot of an ensemble of them? I'd like to post something on g+ (and blog), to report of your WIP, but don't know where to start. [i've overlooked this thread for quite a while]

Sarlock

Wow, those new buildings are fabulous... you turned one building in to 16 (with rotations).  They resemble 1960/70's Soviet-era housing complexes... gives a nice variety to the skyline.

Greenling, to what do you refer with the upload limit for the pak?  I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me of the inner workings of pak128 can help figure it out.

Sarlock

sdog, it's mEGa that is doing the other snow updates... I've got other projects on the go, mainly the pak128 tree updates (work in progress), but no involvement in the snow updates.  :)