News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Vonjo's Server(s)

Started by Vonjo, March 30, 2013, 07:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonjo

I added new Simutrans experimental server. Happy playing. :)
(Simutrans-experimental 11.9002; Pak128 2.3)

Vonjo

Added download links to the first post.

greenling

Hello Vonjo
It that sure that´s the pak128 2.3 work with a simutrans experimental 11.9002?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Vonjo

Quote from: greenling on April 01, 2013, 07:28:06 PM
Hello Vonjo
It that sure that´s the pak128 2.3 work with a simutrans experimental 11.9002?
Yes, It works. However it may not be optimized for experimental.
---
I'm not sure why I get a lot of desync with Windows binary from James. I haven't compiled windows binary by myself, but my self compiled Linux binary works fine. Different revision maybe?

The experimental server seems to be crashed for now.

jamespetts

Vonjo - can you upload a copy of the saved game from the server in which you get crashes/desyncs? I should like to test it. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vonjo

Quote from: jamespetts on April 04, 2013, 09:55:28 AM
Vonjo - can you upload a copy of the saved game from the server in which you get crashes/desyncs? I should like to test it. Thank you.
Here is the savegame:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/exp.sve

The problem here is that it keeps desyncing when I play with your Windows binary, while my self build Linux binary doesn't. I guess we compiled two different revisions. I compiled after " CODE: Attempt to remove dialogue box when depot teleporting is invoked, but not successfully" commit.
I think I should solve this problem first before restarting the server again.
---
EDIT: Oh, I got a lot of this error in the log:
ERROR: hashtable_tpl::put: Duplicate hash!
For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum:
http://forum.simutrans.com

I'm not sure if it is a problem, as the server could still run fine after this error.

jamespetts

Ahh - there have been some small changes since the latest RC release, but these might be enough to cause a desync. Can you see whether you can compile the server binary from the same commit as the Windows binary release to see whether it still desyncs?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vonjo

Quote from: jamespetts on April 04, 2013, 08:27:40 PM
Ahh - there have been some small changes since the latest RC release, but these might be enough to cause a desync. Can you see whether you can compile the server binary from the same commit as the Windows binary release to see whether it still desyncs?
Ok. I'll try to compile the same revision. May I know which revision you use to compile the Windows binary?

jamespetts

This should be indicated with a tag.

Vonjo

Quote from: jamespetts on April 05, 2013, 12:20:29 PM
This should be indicated with a tag.
RC-11.9002 tag? Yes, I compiled with that.
It looks like all of the binaries (your windows binary, my linux graphics binary, and my linux no-graphics server binary) are compiled with the same revision. Hmmm...
Or, maybe there is something wrong with my compilation...

jamespetts

Ahh, I did not update the version immediately that I made changes. The latest changes on the 112.x-private-car-merge branch are with a new version number. Perhaps try again with the next version of the RC to see whether this makes any difference? I do want to see if I can try to eliminate this sort of issue before the next full (non-RC) release.

Vonjo

Ok, I'll wait for the next RC. How about the new world limit and double height? :)

jamespetts

Those significant new features will have to wait until after this release - I should like to make a final release with the known bugs fixed first before adding new features.

Vonjo

Yes, the patch also hasn't yet been stable at the moment.

jamespetts

To which patch are you referring?

Vonjo

Sorry, I mean both patches.

jamespetts

I have just released a new version of the RC here, which is consistent with the state of the code on the 112.x-private-car-merge branch. Can you re-test to see whether this works well with the Linux server or whether you still get desyncs?

Vonjo

Ok. I'll try. Just wait for a few days. :)

Vonjo

Server restarted with a new map:
Here is the savegame of the previous map.
Simutrans 112.2; Pak128 2.3 (twelveserver.jumpingcrab.com:13355)
unprotect_abondoned_player_months is now set to zero because of this problem. You no longer have to worry when you leave the game for some time.

Simutrans experimental server is not yet ready.

Vonjo

Simutrans 112.2; Pak128 2.3 (twelveserver.jumpingcrab.com:13355)
Server restarted again to fix station/stop removal cost problem. I'm sorry about this.

Vonjo

Simutrans Experimental RC11.9003 with Pak128 2.3 (standard pak128) is now online. :)
The heavy desync problem on Windows, which happened in the previous release, should have been fixed now.
Beginner mode is on, to make things easier. ;)

jamespetts

Please let me know whether the desync issue is indeed fixed and whether there are any other problems. Thank you for running this!

Vonjo

Quote from: jamespetts on April 16, 2013, 10:30:05 AM
Please let me know whether the desync issue is indeed fixed and whether there are any other problems. Thank you for running this!
I got very few desync in my heavy building activity test. It is just a 'normal' desync.

jamespetts

Please note that RC 11.9004 has just been released, fixing a few bugs: you might want to update the server.

Vonjo

Quote from: jamespetts on April 16, 2013, 05:59:53 PM
Please note that RC 11.9004 has just been released, fixing a few bugs: you might want to update the server.
Updated. :)
Can you suggest an experimental pakset which is optimized with this release?

jamespetts

I am working hard on preparing the next release of Pak128.Britain-Ex, which is optimised for this release. It should be out in a week or three, or thereabouts.

Vonjo