News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

b.128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, September 29, 2012, 09:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Currently running Simutrans stable 112.1 (r6212) with pak128 2.1.

This server is accessible over both IPv4 and IPv6.

The server will pause when no clients are connected.

Screenshot of the map:

Previous savegames can be found here, listed by the date when the server was shut down:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/server/sim128b/archive/
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Markohs

most cities are named "simcity" I guess that was an error on creation maybe?

Ashley

I just generate random maps, guess I forgot to use the custom city list for that one.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

Ashley

Server restarted with latest binary.

Ashley

Viação Rodrigus Ltda.

Someone has put passwords in ALL companies. Seems strange, since mostly none of them actually built a thing.

Jaridan

Quote from: Timothy on November 29, 2012, 12:41:33 AM
Server reset with new map.
why not use a newer version or a nightly where the underground building bug doesn't exist?

Viação Rodrigus Ltda.

Quote from: Viação Rodrigus Ltda. on November 29, 2012, 03:28:24 AM
Someone has put passwords in ALL companies. Seems strange, since mostly none of them actually built a thing.

Issue solved. Thanks :)

prissi

If one knows the IP address/range, then this player could be blocked for the next game.

greenling

prissi
that what you here be post have it a bad idea:
Quote from: prissi on December 01, 2012, 04:57:03 PM
If one knows the IP address/range, then this player could be blocked for the next game.
It gives tool with then can you orgin ip adress/range overwrite and missuse a another one.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Viação Rodrigus Ltda.

I think it's an issue, despite all my constant connection crashes due to my poor 3G connection:
Whenever I try to rewrite a land message (near a garage, for example), Simutrans stops running on my Windows 8...
Because of those crashes, I always have to rewrite messages until they are complete.

For those playing in this world, enjoy the benefits of integrating services at a public bus stop at Terminal Collingswood (northeast on the map). Airport facilities (thanks for the builder!) also available :D

greenling

Viação Rodrigus Ltda
you play simutrans over a Internet stick?
Better buy a Internet via Cable.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Viação Rodrigus Ltda.

Since it's now available in my neighborhood (it's a bit far from town), I've started considering subscribing a cable internet. Thanks for the suggestion. For now, I must still test my patience: most times you see "Grupo Rodrigus has left", it was not exactly Grupo Rodrigus wanting to leave - lol!

Ashley

Server upgraded to the new stable, with a new map.

Jaridan

came desyncing every 3-4 ingame "days" if you do nothing.

Jaridan

uhm yeah, so our map is reset, is that intended?

Parachute

Ashley

Bug causing the map to crash the server, should be fixed now.

Dwachs

Quote from: Timothy on January 21, 2013, 08:08:50 PM
Bug causing the map to crash the server, should be fixed now.
Whcih kind of bug?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ashley

It was the one with too many pedestrians on one tile - Fifty modified the map to remove pedestrians (so worked around the bug rather than fixed it).

benjad

Could you try rebooting the server.  You can connect for about 15 seconds before desync.   

Fifty

It should be noted that this desyncing is not crashing either the server or the client, the map itself seems fine to continue play. I don't know what the cause is.

It happened once or twice before on this server and disappeared as mysteriously as it occurred after a day or two. I had been playing without issue for maybe an hour before this occurred, and then suddenly it started kicking everybody 5-45 seconds after reconnect.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Parachute

It.. is.. annoying. Why cant someone just restart the server?

prissi

It would be good to know, why it is desyncing. Was there any special construction going on? Because desyncing is a program bug.

Parachute

It also happened on the map before this, I would say that it is a server problem. The previous desyncproblem was because there were too many pedestrians on one tile, maybe its the same problem this time?

Ashley

I'll restart it this evening, away from home so no way to do it at present I'm afraid.

prissi

I found other issues with this game. Using a nightly, it chokes badly on powerlines too.

Fifty

Quote from: Parachute on January 27, 2013, 11:38:24 AM
It also happened on the map before this, I would say that it is a server problem. The previous desyncproblem was because there were too many pedestrians on one tile, maybe its the same problem this time?

I removed the pedestrians from this map. However, this is a different problem as that time the game was crashing, this time it is just desyncing.

I tried removing some of my newly built powerlines, it did not help. It's strange though that this sever keeps causing problems while A and C are totally fine (and that this problem went away on its own before). Before the problem started I was the primary person building, I was starting many new convoys in the middle of a big expansion.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

benjad

Any thoughts on this one?  Would be good to troubleshoot the errors, but if it is just time to restart the map,  I'm for it.

prissi

To debug the desync error the savegame should be enough.

Parachute

benjad

I guess what we all are saying, there is a great community on the B server right now.   Server has been unplayable for a week.  If it is a corrupted savegame... lets restart the map.  (Or can we revert a few years?)

Ashley

Sorry, finally got around to restarting the maps.

Parachute

Got two desyncs again in 20 minutes or something..