News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

desert house; attempt no. 1

Started by Roads, October 04, 2012, 07:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Roads
This building looks very nice out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Roads

Greenling, you are always encouraging.  Thank you.

I did one more change...the beams.  The spacing from the walls bothered me.  I think it looks better now.

Modify:  After placing this in game, some of the bottom edges need to be cleaned up...
I did that for my game but didn't think it required a new upload at this point...

mEGa

Better and better. You 're going well.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Fabio

It looks great! :thumbsup:

Now I would just add a bit of contrast to the windows and the door, but this is up to tastes ;)

Roads

Many thanks guys!

"splain, Ricky, splain!!!"  Sorry I couldn't resist doing the old "I Love Lucy" thing.  Fabio, I don't understand what you mean.  I'll think about what you said though, maybe it will come to me.

Roads

After thinking about this for a couple days and adding a walk and fence, I think I'm done.  Here is a screenshot and a copy of all the original files if you want to put it in pak128.  I would like that very much but if y'all decide it doesn't work, then no worries.  All I can do is make an offer to contribute and if not this one, maybe some other later on.  I appreciate all the help very much and if it is not wanted for the pak I still have it in my game.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/building.dlo_res.pak
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/dlo_res.dat
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/dlo_res_final.png

If there is something y'all need to change, I have no problem with that or with sharing credit for changes.  If there is something y'all still need me to change, please say so and I will try.

Fabio

I wonder if buildings for hot climates should have snow on the roofs as well.
Honestly, I would like so, at least for new buildings, in case the winter snow line is set specially low.
I would like to hear opinions on the subject.

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on October 18, 2012, 08:57:10 AM
I wonder if buildings for hot climates should have snow on the roofs as well.
Honestly, I would like so, at least for new buildings, in case the winter snow line is set specially low.
I would like to hear opinions on the subject.
I'm agree with your suggestion. I try to explain... Sometimes in desert area it can snow like in Desert Gobi for example...
So if the line of snow is high, the roof will never be covered with snow (and winter view will never appear)... And if gamer wants a low snow line for create a cold desert land (desert Gobi...), the snow will be in winter and roof will be covered by snow !
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Roads

Greenling,

You are very welcome, glad you like it. :)