News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[Closed] New Simutrans-Experimental server (bridgewater-brunel.me.uk)

Started by jamespetts, January 14, 2012, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

thanks dust.

PEX company is now: Power Gen. Co.
Password is: password
I'm opening it, because the roster is full and I've taken over some of the mail it used to do.

I need to restructure the mail service in the north west so that it uses the hub-spoke layout. The previous method had too many bottlenecks and no amount of road service could alleviate it.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

ӔO

James, I think you should reset the password for player 4 and 6. I would also liquidate md, who only has $2700 in the bank, which is enough to do nothing.

Not sure about player 2, rebel logistics, sweions regional and abellio. Those companies are not doing anything in particular, but do have plenty of money in the bank. It would be nice if someone can put it to good use, like the former PEX company.

Colour safe chart:

dustNbone

AEO, I'd like to provide some mail service in the eastern regions, mainly by road, would like a good place to be able to pull it from (maybe a rail platform at one of your PEX stations on the east coast.  Not sure you've been handling mail more so you'll have a good idea of the volume involved.

ӔO

Quote from: dustNbone on May 09, 2012, 11:00:40 PM
AEO, I'd like to provide some mail service in the eastern regions, mainly by road, would like a good place to be able to pull it from (maybe a rail platform at one of your PEX stations on the east coast.  Not sure you've been handling mail more so you'll have a good idea of the volume involved.

Mail works better if you layout the lines in a hub and spoke configuration, similar to how the middle section is on the west coast. I've been meaning to overhaul the west coast, but I can't do it right now.

You can use the PEX lines if you want.

Colour safe chart:

ӔO

currently, in 2057, March. Server and clients seem to crash as soon as the game loads.

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Ahh, thank you for the report. Cannot do anything at present, unfortunately, as I am currently on holiday. Will investigate on my return!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I have tracked down the bug (I think) and fixed it on the -devel branch.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

dustNbone

Was wondering if the fixed devel version is currently running on the server, I try to connect with it and it shows a PakSet mismatch.  Not sure if this would be caused by a mismatch in game version or not.  Thanks for the fix by the way James :)

rsdworker

i think james has updated it but forget to apply new patch for us to make connection

jamespetts

Ahh, no, the -devel version is not running on the server. The -devel version is the candidate for the next major release, the deployment of which has been delayed somewhat due to waiting for Bernd to finish fixing the physics issues, the fixing of which should hopefully lead to a substantially improved accuracy of the physics calibrations. The new version will also introduce realistic physics for breaking.

Whilst I wait for those issues to be addressed, I have been working on the pakset, which strikes me as a useful use of time, as there is much pakset work to be done.

diegoviagens

Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

jamespetts

Thank you for your interest in this. The server is down at present as a result of a bug in the current release version. The next version, which fixes the bug, is currently being tested. The server sould be back up again when the new version is released.

AP

Hi James Just curious, is the server up or not? It's showing up in the in-game list as available, but my game crashes if I try to load it..

jamespetts

It's not running properly yet: I need to upgrade to the next version of Simutrans-Experimental and of the pakset for this to be runnable, but I've been exceedingly busy these last few weeks, so haven't had the time to do things like recalibrate the physics of all the steam locomotives as I need to do before I can release the next pakset version. I shall get around to it eventually! Sorry to keep you all waiting.

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

One thing that might help to speed along the progress is if anybody could assist with integrating/merging the new bridges from the Standard version of the pakset. Currently, there are the bridges from Standard without weight limits alongside the old bridges from Experimental without separate graphics for each type, and, further, the new Standard types are not all equivalent to the old Experimental types, and the prices of both types are too low. If anyone could propose and write the details for a coherent scheme for integrating the both, discarding the superfluous (without discarding any of the lovely new graphics), and sensible compat.tab settings to enable loading of older saved games, this would be exceedingly helpful.

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Thank you! That is very kind and would greatly assist in expediting matters.