News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Maglevs in Pak128?

Started by Sarlock, October 07, 2012, 03:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

I'm sure this topic has been raised before and I did find some discussion here and there about it, but is the reason that we don't have any maglevs in Pak128 just because we haven't come up with a graphics design that we've been happy enough with to actually commit to the pak?  There are lots of decent addon maglevs.
It seems like such a glaring hole in the Pak128 set that it would be nice to develop something to finally fill it.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

VS

You already answered that question ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Sarlock

I'll put that on my list when I finish the trees (in 6 months from now)...  ;D

mEGa

Sarlock : do you know excellent work of Gauthier ?

You can learn more and download addons here :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:mlm_dev
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Sarlock

Yes, I have seen those... which is what made me wonder why we haven't included an "official" maglev to pak128 yet.  What kind of final refining/touch-up work would those require to make them fit pak128 style, I wonder?

gauthier

I have started MLM dev.2 but I lack time for at least a year to complete it. I already said that I will send current work on MLM dev.2 to anyone who wants to help.

Sarlock

I'd be happy to help in a couple months once I finish the tree project.  I'll let you know when I am ready to tackle the maglevs.  :)