News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

I seem to be having trouble starting this big savegame now. V. 100

Started by Seth C Triggs, December 09, 2008, 03:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth C Triggs

I decided to, now that I have time, download Simu 100 and also put in Pak128 and play a big city.

Things seemed to have been going well for a while.

Now when I select this city it does not work properly, and I have no idea what happened. The simu.log is empty too.
I had the switches wrong; the output is here now.

I'm attaching the savegame link - perhaps it can be diagnosed. It uses the latest Pak128.

http://www.svamcentral.org/simu/savegame/Huntley.sve
http://www.svamcentral.org/simu/savegame/simu-huntleycrash.log

-Seth
Pak 128 user on Ubuntu Linux with Athlon XP 64, 2GB RAM, 256MB video memory

Combuijs

Version 100 is known to be unstable in some cases. Can you try it with the latest nightly?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Seth C Triggs

Quote from: Combuijs on December 09, 2008, 03:56:31 PM
Version 100 is known to be unstable in some cases. Can you try it with the latest nightly?

Okay, will do.

By the way - I could've sworn I posted this in Pak128 bug reports; I don't know how it ended up here. Yikes. Can this topic be moved to that spot?

-Seth

Seth C Triggs

I've just tried the nightly, and now it can't open any of the savegames that are already saved. I am thinking it won't work with my current PAK128?

I also note that in the log my game halts when it tries to load from here:

-Seth

Combuijs

You need the nightly pak128 as well. This can be found on the same page. My fault, I could have told you that immediately.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

VS

Ah, and don't forget that some oooold factories are removed from nightlies, so you may have to get the compatibility files; there is a link next to pakset downloads.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

But this you only need for loading old games. When you want a new one, you don´t deed it!
I hope you understand my English

Seth C Triggs

Seth C Triggs

No good.

It does get up to here, though:

Message: obj_reader_t::init():   Checking crossing objects...
Message: obj_reader_t::init():   Checking pedestrian objects...
Message: obj_reader_t::init():   Checking factory objects...

-Seth

prissi

try with "-debug 4" to get some more info (different debug level exists). Other than that, do you install pak128 in a new folder and not just overwrite the old one?

Seth C Triggs

Quote from: prissi on December 12, 2008, 07:48:14 PM
try with "-debug 4" to get some more info (different debug level exists). Other than that, do you install pak128 in a new folder and not just overwrite the old one?

Will try when I get home.

I instituted a "policy" (It's been a while since I've had time to install/configure Simutrans, so I've needed to do this) where if I download a PAK from a different source it gets its own folder. So I have the pak (for 64), the pak128 and the pak128.new (which is for the nightly build).

So I only will overwrite a Pak of the same type/origin.

-Seth

Seth C Triggs

Running this with -debug 4 didn't really do much in the way of information it seems.

But here is the log from this run.

By the way, has anyone here been able to open the savegame at all?

-Seth

On edit: This is the switch setting I'm using:
/media/sda5/simutrans/simutrans -log 1 -debug 4 -freeplay -nomidi -objects pak128.old/

prissi

Sorry, I overlooked completely the savegame. There is no lang at the position were the last oilplattform should be errected, according to the file. The only way to handle that error is to abort, unfourtunately.

I presume you rotated the map before? Otherwise I am not sure, how this can occur.

Ignoring this, then stops without valid coordinates appear. This game is somehow completely screwed up. Simutrans really failed here.

Seth C Triggs

Quote from: prissi on December 13, 2008, 10:16:49 PM
Sorry, I overlooked completely the savegame. There is no lang at the position were the last oilplattform should be errected, according to the file. The only way to handle that error is to abort, unfourtunately.

I presume you rotated the map before? Otherwise I am not sure, how this can occur.

Ignoring this, then stops without valid coordinates appear. This game is somehow completely screwed up. Simutrans really failed here.

Yes, I did rotate in order to see some parts obscured by buildings. I did start a new game at least.

-Seth