The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: 0.8.4 - intro date electric train depot  (Read 1662 times)

Offline waerth

0.8.4 - intro date electric train depot
« on: October 20, 2012, 12:38:21 AM »
Hello,

I just downloaded the new experimental version from github and the 0.8.4. to celebrate the arrival of my new computer.

I generated a map starting timeline in 1900. I then immediately went to look at the train depot. To my astonishment there was no electric train depot available. So I forwarded it by year. And until I got the message that new tube stock was available, in 1906, no electric train depot was available. Now I noticed that some electric tube stock was available from 1898 onwards. So I should have had the electric train depot from 1898 onwards, yet it was never there :(

On a side note is Simutrans Large Adress Aware? I am asking this as the largest map it allows me to make is about 7000 wide and 2000 height. And it disallows me anything larger. While I have 16 GB of Ram .... it is currently only using 1.2 GB

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: 0.8.4 - intro date electric train depot
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Wearth,

thank you for your feedback. This issue has already been fixed on the Github repository, so the fix will be available in the next version; apologies for the trouble in 0.8.4. The introduction date has been set to 1890.

As for the maximum size of maps - this is limited by the fact that the "koord" values defininig the co-ordinates for each square are made of pairs of 16 bit integers, so the total number of tiles can only be the maximum number of a signed 32 bit integer.