News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Private Way Entrance Gate

Started by Andyh, October 26, 2012, 05:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyh

I just downloaded Open pak 128.  One of the features I like is the Private Way Entrance Gate.  However, I notice that it's only available for railways and not for roads.  Seems like it would actually be a bit more useful road than rail.  Is there a way it can be introduced for roads in the next iteration of the pak?

Thanks

VS

It's currently (not optimally) available as bollards.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

paichtis

Which are very hard to notice and can be a real pain in network games

Andyh

Thanks for your replies.  Are the bollards on the pak128 roads menu (I don't recall see them there on the nightly), or are they available as a separate add-on download?

Zeno

They are available by default in openpak128, just next to the highway signals.

Vladki

Andyh

The bollards are no longer there in nightly 6006.

However, Vladki's road gates are much better anyway; much closer to what I had in mind.  Thanks all.

VS

Bollards are introduced in 1970, so obviously they are not always there... yet another problem :-/

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Either bollards and gates don't look good IMHO, unfortunately. When they are closed for you, you see the authorized player's vehicles running through them. I guess we should devise a cunning look for this signal, maybe road marks or sign in player color and a green or red light for the players allowed.

Sarlock

That would look a lot better than having other player's cars driving through a closed crossing arm or bollards.

It could be something like an industrial yard type sign that indicates no entry for unauthorized vehicles and some yellow marks on the road.  There could also be a crossing arm to help indicate the no-entry tile but it's always up.

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Vladki

And what about animated gate, somehow similar to water crossings. When an authorized vehicle passes through, the gate will open for a while. Also a possibility to have a front image for the gate will be nice.

ӔO

How about this, minus the arm and spikes?

Just some fat paint stripes on the road with player colours, perhaps?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: