News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

How to split addons from original pakset?

Started by Emil Sawicki, November 04, 2012, 06:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil Sawicki

I'm playing Simutrans for over three years and I collected many addons and I store them in main pak64 directory. Some time ago there was designed new folder, "addons", so I can store additional files in it. How to move them? Searching them manually one by one is too time-consuming.
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

Sarlock

As far as I know, it has to be done manually... and this can take quite a while.  You can download a new copy of pak64, put it in a different folder (call it "pak64.new") or something and then you'd have to compare the two and remove all of the addons that aren't in the pak64 core files.

What I've done is as I've added addons, I've renamed them to "addon.<description>.old_file_name.pak" so that all of my addons are listed alphabetically and are sorted by the description so that I can easily remove the ones that I don't want to use anymore.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

VS

Well. I would try this (backup first! or even better, do this on a copy):

1) get "base" pak64
2) touch all files in your monster folder with some "old" time
3) touch all files in pak64 folder with "new" time (old<new)
4) copy/move all from pak64 into monster folder
5) sort files by time
6) delete all files with "new" time
7) hooray! 8)

("touch" is a linux program that sets file time; you can get it in gnuwin32 as well)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

greenling

Emil Sawicki
Please can you make a copy from your pakset, i want look on your pakset with that you have long time be play.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

Since pak64 is compiled on release day, under windows things can be easier (backup first!) then unpack pak64 into the same folder. Then go to shopw details and click on the date column. Your stuff is either at the top or bottom.

Spacethingy

I use the "Date Modified" sort, that helps (sometimes... :)).
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

Emil Sawicki

Simutrans 123, Windows 10