News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

For those interested in infrastructure, mobility and urban development

Started by Fabio, November 07, 2012, 01:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

I believe the Simutrans community can be roughly split in 2 larger groups: the fans of computer game (for whom transportation is a fun and intelligent pretext to play) and the fans of infrastructure and transportation (for whom the game is a magnificent sandbox).

For those belonging to the latter group, I suggest the SkyScraperCity forum, a worldwide community of people interested in urban development, infrastructure and mobility. People there post many pictures of ongoing  or completed projects and for me it's a great source of inspiration for painting and for developing my Simutrans games.

Ters

sdog

Quote from: Ters on November 07, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
As usual, I fit both neither and both categories.
+1

Perhaps not so good categories. Key for me is complexity, found in both categories. And everyone ought to be interested in urban planing. That's perhaps the most important field to develop, the quality and far-sightednes of it will influence more than anything whether a society will be succesful and happy or not in the future.

tl;dr Thanks for the link.

ӔO

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Fabio

Here's today's banner in the SkyScraperCity forum:

Doesn't it remind somehow of Pak128 ;)

I see that my proposition of 2 groups met a lot of criticism. It's true, I was quite superficial, but it was a rethorical way to present that forum, which I enjoy and which I also find as a source of inspiration when I play Simutrans (or, more likely, I paint).
Sure the reality is much more complex, people are here around for a myriad of different motivations. It's just good enough we are all here around. ;D