News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

(r6000) Diagonal tunnel entrance fixed?

Started by ASV62, November 12, 2012, 04:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASV62

In older versions, raising a tile right next to the tunnel entrance than building tunnel through the "raised" tile can build a completely straight east-west / north-south track without bending in the entrance. I've just found this exploit is not working in v112.0 r6000. Is it fixed in this upgrade with certain underground tool updates such as defining underground only stations? or It was implemented in some versions before but I did not notice that?  ???

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

Fabio

I found this exploit impossible some nightlies ago, around September, IIRC.

It was a useful feature, too bad it's lost ;)

Dwachs

Did not know that such an exploit existed :) How it was supposed to work?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

It was deliberately removed; actually by Dwachs almost a year ago. You built a way on one side of a vertical cliff above and on the other side (underground) Then you could connect these two tracks.

Fifty

I also liked (ab)using this bug/feature. Is there any particular reason why it could not be brought back? A tunnel entrance next to a vertical cliff does not look all that unrealistic.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Ters

There are no graphics for this exploit, so how could that have looked realistic?

The Hood

Quote from: Ters on November 14, 2012, 05:53:00 AM
There are no graphics for this exploit, so how could that have looked realistic?

But if it was formalised, we could create some. I would be keen for this "feature".

ASV62

Quote from: Ters on November 14, 2012, 05:53:00 AM

Here you are. It's from 102.2.2  :D

People who was born with this kind of lifestyle is an artist, while talents are philosophist ....

Ters

Looks realistic only half of the time. The biggest problem I see is that there is no intutive way to tell the game which of the two possible directions on a diagonal slope the opening should face.