News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Train Reversin Terminus Issue

Started by treiskin, November 17, 2012, 06:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treiskin

So I was working on a Terminus station that was on a slight curve and I was busy setting up the trains to run that route when one of the trains that had finished loading and waiting for the correct amount of time didn't start to reverse back onto the main line. I saw another train waiting for a platform, so I let that go in. Still, the train didn't back out. I let another train come in, but at that point the game crashed. Help? :P

Junna

Do you perchance any pictures of the set-up?

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: can you upload a saved game in which you had this problem?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

treiskin

I was using Carl's modified pak and using his map, not quite sure how to upload but if I get help I'll try. Also unsure how to post a photo :P (I'm quite new to the Fourms so kinda inexperienced with all the functions).

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

treiskin

OK, I was having trouble with files.simutrans.germany so I used Mediafire. Here are the two consecutive links:

Map Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?miuj405ic4u51ro

Screenshot of error location:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywqgyem75vsh96y

jamespetts

Hmm - I can't reproduce this, I'm afraid. None of the trains at Lewisham station seem to reverse. Is the saved game that you uploaded one where the problem that you describe can be reproduced without any intervention? If not, you will have to describe precisely the steps necessary to reproduce the problem.

treiskin

Huh, well anyway, I put a choose platform sign 1 block and set a line to run into the right platform. I then started to add the trains in one by one. The first two out of the depot occupied both platforms, but when they had finished loading they didn't back out even thought there was a clear route. The game then crashed.

jamespetts

It would be better if you could upload the saved game just after you had done that work and just before it crashed, as I do not know precisely on which tile that you put the choose signal, which way that it was facing, and which trains that you added with what schedules at what times from what depot(s), all of which information is necessary to be able to reproduce the circumstances of the reported crash.

treiskin

There may be a problem with that... I didn't save the game before working on that station :P

jamespetts

treiskin

jamespetts

Thank you - that is most helpful. The reason that I ask is that, in most cases, it is impossible to find and/or fix a bug unless it can be reproduced.

treiskin

Alright, I've tried to recreate the scenario that where the train glitched out and didn't reverse, but I can't seem to generate it. I'll continue to build and see if anything else come up.

jamespetts

Thank you for letting me know. Do let me know if it happens again. I have already fixed a bug in 10.13 that might have caused this, so this might be fixed in 10.14 in any event.

treiskin

jamespetts

Hmm - I get an "invalid or deleted file" error when I try that link, I'm afraid. Which version were you using when you got that error?

treiskin

Was using the same pak and save game as before, here is another link to the screenshot:

Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?myfiles#zfyc68ff27m1c3n

(Also have it as an attachment)

jamespetts

Were you using the latest version of Simutrans-Experimental (10.14)? And I am afraid that the link is still not working - can you attach?

treiskin

I was using the latest version of Simutrans Expermental (10.14) and I have two links. (Thanks TurfIt  ;))

Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zfyc68ff27m1c3n

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/simscr05.png

jamespetts

Hmm, this is at a different location than previously. Does this just happen by itself, or do you have to do something to make it happen? If the latter, I am going to need the exact steps to reproduce the bug so that I can isolate the issue.

treiskin

It seems to be just at Lewisham and this station. It seems that when one of the Metropolitan trains terminates on the left termination platform (it is set to the right termination platform but gets switched over when another train at the platform is behind schedule), it glitches out, causing the other line trains to back up. This seem to only occur at these two stations, but Carl hasn't finished his map, so it could pop up anywhere else.

jamespetts

I can't reproduce this, I'm afraid, not least because there don't seem to be any Metropolitan line trains at all: only Circle and Hammersmith & City line trains, so nothing terminates at Aldgate. But perhaps in any case whatever caused your problem was fixed with the fix for this bug?

treiskin

I added the Metropolitan line trains along with the Circle and Hammersmith & City Lines. I must have given you a out of date map. Anyway, that does seem to be the bug fix so looks like problem solved!

jamespetts