News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

bridgewater-brunel.me.uk - Simutrans-Experimental - Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0

Started by jamespetts, November 20, 2012, 02:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

For passengers? Hm. I really do need to reduce the passenger factor.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

Added private roads to hopefully relieve overcrowding on city roads. Will need redesign of lines (pending).  Earthworks are (rightly) **** expensive though!

ӔO

I wondered why the map was talking so long to load, so I looked at it and they are nearly 70mb. Is this intended?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

AP

AP

Do canals have limited capacity, or are they, like oceans, essentially unlimited (no congestion etc)?

ӔO

unlimited. you can use them if you want, since they are impossible to jam

Colour safe chart:

AP

I was just wary of the maintenance of them, I don't know how that works out in reality, but any linear route has a lot of tiles, so they could really add up.

jamespetts

Sadly, the high map size is inevitable as there are vast amounts of data to transfer on these larger maps. If the passenger factor were lower, there would be far fewer convoys, and so fewer data allowing the map to be smaller. Something for the next version...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

prissi

At least undeveloped maps should become much smaller if trees are only placed afterwards.

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on November 28, 2012, 01:53:23 PM
At least undeveloped maps should become much smaller if trees are only placed afterwards.

You mean manually by the public service player's tree placement tool?

prissi

When I made server mapos, I made them without trees and then just drew some forests at locations where it may be nice and later scattered some trees into the landscape. You can also set trees in forest (forgot the right settig) to 3 instead of 6 which was used in some versions of pak128.britain before creating forests. THis will reduce download size up to a factor of 10 for undeveloped land maps.

jamespetts

Thank you - that is useful. (In fact, this map has no trees at all in any event...)

AP

Website says server is up, but repeated attempts to join tonight are being met with "server did not respond". Has savegame time got so long as to stop people joining ?!  :P

ghlbit

I am having same connection issue.
"server did not respond"

And another attempt just now returned "The operation completed successfully." where It wasn't successful to connect to the server.

ghlbit

Hey all till Bridgewater-Operators!  ;)

I am ghlbit newly started operation for Bridgewater.
I don't have any service at the momment.

I was thinking we could meet up on online chatting server.
I use TeamSpeaks 3 for online gaming communication.

Curruntly I am online at free to join TeamSpeaks server of "All In Multigaming Community".
IP address for this server is 78.72.150.37

There is no channel dedicated for Simutrans online gaming but I am online in "Coffe Room" channel of this server.
So I hope you come online and discuss about our Bridgewater operation!

Since I am pretty new to Simutrans so It will be nice to talk to someone to make a decision before I start the servicing.

jamespetts

The server is back up now - and welcome Ghlbit! We generally use the in-game chat on the server, but you are more than welcome to use TeamSpeak if you like.

jamespetts

ghlbit

Hello James,

Thanks for warm welcome and for hosting also developing great simulation ever! :)

Milko

Hello

I just tried to connect but crashed during loading, now the server is down, hope it's not my fault ...

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Hmm - it might be your connexion that caused the problem, but it's not your fault, as you weren't to know that it would have that effect. May I ask - what was the nature of the error message (if any) or other behaviour that you had at your end?

ghlbit

I was booted out from the server on last saving somehow.

Well I had a look on industires list and I am thinking to operate dairy product delivery service on one of central islands.

Junna

Quote from: ghlbit on November 28, 2012, 09:06:50 PM
I was booted out from the server on last saving somehow.

Well I had a look on industires list and I am thinking to operate dairy product delivery service on one of central islands.

If you manually save the game, it will desynch. Savings are also common occasions when the client will notice a desynch.

jamespetts

It's back up now. Saving locally will generally desync the client but not crash the server. I am not sure what is currently causing the server to crash. The logs aren't helping a great deal.

AP

Beware: wierd thing, it semi-crashed mid save, but then appeared to recover. 1.5h later, I notice a little pause button has appeared at the top - I've been playing in a strange parallel universe all evening. ****. The only clue was the chat had gone quiet...

jamespetts

Hmm - semi-crashed? What did that entail?

(Look for the network symbol in the bottom right hand corner to check connectivity).

AP

It did the "saving" thing it does periodically, took the usual 30 seconds or so meanwhile the game paused (as usual whilst that happens), but then some kind of popup indicating a failure (oh no, I thought), but then a split second later the game is back and carrying on playing. So I figured the popup was the error. Only just now did I spot a clue that the inconsistency was in fact the game being played.

jamespetts

AP

Quote from: jamespetts on November 28, 2012, 10:22:22 PM
You don't remember what the error message was, do you?
I'm sorry I don't. It definitely suggested the save had failed, because it so obviously contradicted what I was seeing on the screen (i.e. that it appeared to have succeeded).

jamespetts

Ahh. Hmm. The only thing that I can suggest is to check for the network symbol after something like that.

AP

ghlbit

Quote from: Junna on November 28, 2012, 09:17:18 PM
If you manually save the game, it will desynch. Savings are also common occasions when the client will notice a desynch.

I only realized momment ago that when new client join the session It saves it.
And that was the saving I was wrting.  :)

ӔO

If you get frequent desyncs from trying to join, try quitting the game once. Sometimes that helps with desync on connect.

Colour safe chart: