News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

bridgewater-brunel.me.uk - Simutrans-Experimental - Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0

Started by jamespetts, November 20, 2012, 02:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

japadapa

I'm Player 6 and have two trucks in depot at 1041,1025 that can't find route from oil well 1041,1020 to oil refinery 1076,1043. I can't figure out what's wrong. The trucks find their way to the first stop, but after that they say no route and head back to depot :/

Another truck 1599,1491 works fine :)

Junna

Quote from: japadapa on July 03, 2013, 11:34:22 AM
I'm Player 6 and have two trucks in depot at 1041,1025 that can't find route from oil well 1041,1020 to oil refinery 1076,1043. I can't figure out what's wrong. The trucks find their way to the first stop, but after that they say no route and head back to depot :/

Another truck 1599,1491 works fine :)

Are there bridges between the first stop and the destination? If so, it might be that another player owns them and has not given you permission to use their ways. If so, you'd need to build an alternative route.

Also, the roads might not support the weight.

jamespetts

The long-block problem was indeed caused by the bug identified in Standard: I have now applied the fix from Standard to this issue, which also works in Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

The server is currently (possibly intermittently) down for testing/upgrading.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

The server has been restarted (with the same map for the time being) with Simutrans-Experimental 11.0 and Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0. See the relevant forums to download the updates.

ӔO

fantastic work stamping out all the bugs and performance hogs!

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

ӔO

seems like the server game will hang upon loading and will cause an immediate desync.

only problem I've noticed is one of my airplanes at pointingfield is in limbo upon loading.

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

The crash on loading is now fixed, and the server upgraded to 11.1. Thank you for the report!

Edit: AEO - why so many aircraft...?

ӔO

Well, the busiest link is between PTF - MAN - CTH and the 707's are having trouble keeping up with demand, so I had to increase the number of flights between those points.

The other places only run 4 to 6 airplanes, but I haven't optimized their numbers just yet, since the PTF - MAN - CTH link does overflow and pax have to reroute along the other airports.

It doesn't look like 727-200 can keep up with demand either, so I'm waiting for 747's.

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

i can't stay connected for more than a few minutes these days... even when not doing anything and no-one else online. just lose sync, no crash.

jamespetts

Hmm - at the moment, I have been able to stay connected for a while. Is there any evidence of a server crash (server unavailable for a while immediately after disconnexion, reverts to last saved state on reconnexion) when this occurs?

asaphxiix

no - only a desync and I can rejoin. This happens frequently.

jamespetts

Hmm. I am testing at present, and have just had the first desync for perhaps about an hour when upgrading some public roads.

Edit: Upgrading roads seems to cause somewhat frequent desyncs. Not entirely sure why at present.

ӔO

for me, i can usuall stay connected for 5 mins, then desync, but occasionally i can get an hour.

i have also noticed that sometimes the server will crash and revert to the last save when the month changes, which is not a big issue, since i only average around 20 to 30 mins of work.

---

I'm not sure what was going on at daisyworth. The schedule was definitely set to load 100% at the colliery, not the power plant.

opening and closing the schedule window fixed it.

---

To add to the server crashing and reverting, I notice that industries are closed down, so maybe it has something to do with that?

For me, the server crashed and reverted when the arable farm at 1,493 closed.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17111233/client1-network.sve

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - I can't reproduce the crash locally. Do your desyncs occur after doing things, or after merely observing? I find that after spending some time upgrading public roads, I tend to be desynchronised, but not (at least, not for a long time) if I merely observe.

ӔO

yeah, it does not crash the client, but for some reason the server crashes.

desyncs are mainly after doing something, although occasionally happen while no commands are sent, i.e. in the midst of editing a line

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

to me it happens a lot when start to i log in, and doing something in other windows for a few minutes, when I open the game window again i'm desynched.

jamespetts

Currently down pending the investigation of a bug causing it to crash.

jamespetts

ӔO

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

The server has been restarted with the latest version 11.3, which should fix the crash that was occurring just after joining. AEO - you should also now be able to buy Boeing 747s.

jamespetts

Hmm - are you sure that you have 11.3? I have been able to keep in sync - I am in now.

ӔO

it's working fine for me.

I think I managed to crash the server by building an underground transformer and connecting it to the powerline network at nutish.

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

It does seem to have restarted at some point about thirteen minutes ago. Can you see whether you can reproduce this on a local save, and, if you can, post a bug report with full instructions to reproduce?

As to the desyncs that people are having, these are invariably activity related. I shall have to look into tuning the various networking settings to see whether this helps. Anyone with any suggestions about what to tune is encouraged to share them.

ӔO

I cannot reproduce it on a local save, but it most definitely has something to do with connecting and disconnecting active powerlines and transformers.

---

okay, I suggest not editing active powerlines at all at this point in time.

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

to me it happens right away after the initial freeze, even if I do nothing, just (but strangely, not if the window is inactive). Also, now it's not on the list, so apparently down.

wlindley

I was able to connect briefly but got quickly desynch'd. It is wonderful seeing how the cities and networks have grown over more than a hundred years game time.

jamespetts

Asaph and W. Lindley - do you consistently get desyncs as soon as you connect?

asaphxiix

yes, that was the situation quite consistently last night. At first I had a few minutes of play, but after the first desync it was always about one minute after the freeze of joining.

but today I can't connect at all - the server doesn't show in the list either.

jamespetts

I have now restarted the server, so it should be working now. I have not yet investigated the reported bugs - looking into those now.

jamespetts

After a brief interruption for testing the power lines issue, the server is running again.

jamespetts