News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

St Georgs Church

Started by Raiser, November 24, 2012, 12:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiser

Hi to all!

The last weeks i spent much time to learn and try making art design for pak128 and collected nearly every material what is swirling around in simutrans forums.

Christmas is coming and i thought it would match to start my learning curve with a new Church, so the simutrans citizens will be able to hold their worship in a adequate Chapel :) I used a Sketchup model of the St. Georgs Church in South Germany and did some rework on it with Gimp. The Artist digitalstonemason, who build the Sketchup model, has given his agreement!

So what do you think about this? Its just a test Version, i have to make 4 different views and a winter version.

And two in game shots:

Nightly:

Regards

Raiser

greenling

Cool.
I like this church.
i can´t wait to have this church.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

Fine, really !
Did you think of the winter aspect ?

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

VS

Very beautiful! Maybe the whole picture could be a bit more "pronounced".. as in sharp? Or using more of the dynamic range - bigger contrast? I am not sure if that would help, next to MHz's colourful buildings...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Dwachs

Wonderful graphics!

Imho, the colors of walls facing south-east (to lower-right) and south-west (lower-left) should have more contrast between them.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Fabio

The shading is wrong (east/right side lighter than south/left) and sharpening could be good as well.
Other than that, impressive first work. :thumbsup:

We could definitely use a new artist!

sdog

Very beautiful!
Hardly seen so little (constructive) criticism for a first building. You must be very close to the desired degree of perfection.

Raiser

Quote from: sdog on November 26, 2012, 10:18:47 PM
Very beautiful!
Hardly seen so little (constructive) criticism for a first building. You must be very close to the desired degree of perfection.

Thank's you caught me :)

Fabio

Quote from: Raiser on November 26, 2012, 09:00:17 PM
Thank you for your replies - to make a good work i have some questions: ...

I split the painting techniques posts here.

paulo francis PF20

because the church is in DAT?, I'm trying to pass Pak file, but I can not!! ???  :)
PF FRANCIS

greenling

Sorry
the Church it under devlopment.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

paulo francis PF20

This church is really cool!! .... :) when the file is in pak, is available for download? .. ;D
PF FRANCIS