News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Less passengers when forwarding too fast (bug?)

Started by haphaeu, November 24, 2012, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haphaeu

Hei there,

just noticed a strange behaviour. The game was running with constant profit, under normal fast forward (W key - approx x30).
But then, in order to get out of the loan quicker, I forced a faster forward by pressing dot key (.) until the time reached x100.
After that, the passengers just wouldn't travel anymore.
Look at the picture attached. I forced fast forward x100 at about  month 11... look what happens. And even more evident, at month 2 I switched back to the normal fast forward ... then voi-là, the passengers are all back!

prissi

If you push the game too much, it will run the step fewer times. At the same time the mouse will lagging. For fast forward, please ratehr use the fast forward tool. (I think we should remove the . and , keybinding, and rather add a new tool setting the fast forward multiplier with them).

jamespetts

Would it be better for the game simply to refuse to run beyond a certain speed rather than run that fast and go wrong as demonstrated?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

Maybe limit speed to x10 maximum? Or if the game detects it is not running step frequently enough it automatically drops the speed (unless already running at x1 speed)?

TurfIt

x10 max is probably a sensible limit, beyond that revert to the regular fast forward. I'd rather the , and . functions not be removed, far too handy.
The problem with high T= factors is steps running too frequently, too small a delta_t. Step could add them up on each call and only process the actual step once a large enough cumulative value is reached?