News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Train not driving to end of station

Started by hreintke, December 01, 2012, 12:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hreintke

LS,

Running latest nightly (1-12-12) and PAK64 standard.

I noticed a line from iron ore mine to steel mill (setup to load to 100%) never left the ore mine.
Looking into the detail I saw that the train did not completely run over the station altough the stationwas long enogh to hold the full train. That's why loading stopped at 75% and the train was kept wainting.

See attached picture of the train. I do have a savegame of this situation if needed.

Herman

Ters

That particular platform covers the original track, so it is possible that the two tiles to the lower left are not connected to the rest. Try dragging a rail building tool along the entire station and see if that fixes it. (The train won't move on automatically, but must be sent to the station again.)

hreintke

Ters,

You pointed right to the issue. See attached when I removed the platform.
So understand now why it happend.

You might however think that you should not be allowed to build a platform like on a railtrack like this to prevent this to happen.

Thanks for the help.

Herman

Ters

I have actually built platforms like that on purpose, so short trains can enter from both sides. It is however unfortunate that the platform provides it's own track without buffer stops.