News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Drawing ways

Started by jamespetts, December 06, 2012, 11:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I am hoping to make 18th century transport my Christmas project for this year. In particular, I am hoping to increase the variety of different types of canal to simulate the development that canal building underwent from the narrow contour canals of the early days to the broader and more sophisticated canals of later times.

I have previously done a lot of work producing vehicles, and have produced some buildings, but have never drawn any ways. I should like the canals that I produce to be compatible with Kieron's forthcoming landscape patch. Does anyone have the .blend files for the canals compatible with the double heights patch so that I can modify them? Are any special methods needed to align ways different to vehicles? I am thinking of producing wider and narrower variants. How is it best to deal with these without causing, for example, canal boats to appear to drift along the edges rather than actually in the water?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Edit: Also - any tips re: tunnels and aqueducts?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

jamespetts

Quote from: kierongreen on December 07, 2012, 07:18:13 AM
Emailed.

Hmm - I don't seem to have received that, and I have checked my spam folder. Can you PM me the address to which you sent it; or alternatively, upload to http://files.simutrans-germany.com?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

kierongreen

I tried the web upload but it kept failing :( emailed it to your yahoo address I've used previously but was returned back undelivered. If you could pm me an up to date address that would be great.

jamespetts

Hmm - odd. I have not changed my e-mail address... What did the failure message say?