News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

'start all' button in depot

Started by asaphxiix, December 01, 2012, 04:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

I think the idea's pretty straightforward... saves many clicks. Plus, in multi, some many seconds of latency wait as well.

jamespetts

This seems to be a good idea in principle.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

TurfIt

Doable in principle. But not as a yet another button, just got rid of a bunch! As another hidden CTRL-click on the existing button could work.

But, a depot could have a bunch of convois in it that can't start. How to handle that? Bombard with a pop-up for each? ignore them starting all that can? stop starting and give a single pop-up? Still straight forward, but shows there's also more to it than it might look...

jamespetts

I suggest that, in that case, the button ought to start all the convoys that can be started, and give a single pop-up for those that can't.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

If there are too many buttons: how about a drop-down menu? You'd choose one of available options and click on "Go".

Fabio

Great idea!

Ctrl + click could work here and a tooltip like "hold ctrl to start all" could be pretty well explicit.

I would simply start all those which can start, without any popup. Personally I often keep a template consist without schedule, so that I can quickly duplicate it and assign a line to the clone(s).

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Maybe the error could follow the message preferences for one of the other entries - I always set that stuff to scroll in the marquee :)

paichtis

What about asking confirmation if some of the vehicules can't start ?
And perhaps an option to bypass this confirmation.
(btw great idea !)

TurfIt

CTRL-click to start all convoys added r6120. If a convoy can't start, it silently stays in the depot; No messages displayed, use normal click on start button to see reason.

sdog

"ignore them starting all that can? "

Yes, no popup neede, it is completely obvious in the depot when not all where started. User sees: Empty depot -> worked. Not empty depot -> something hasn't worked. Popups don't need to state the obvious.

Ctrl-Click.

I wanted to write this as an extension request last week, but procrastinated.

Sarlock

Excellent!  This is a great (and simple) addition.  Glad there's no popup... self-explanatory, especially since it's a CTRL-click "advanced" feature.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

asaphxiix

kierongreen

Fabio

And an extraordinarily fast implementation of a request! :thumbsup:

prissi

It was never added before, since it will not work nicely on train (or any such kind of consists). Blocking the lines is a frequent problem in relation with depots. Lets see if this is such a good idea, or we should rather forbid it for trains.

Ters

At least trains can now enter a depot even if trains are waiting to depart. This feature could be quite bad before that change.

kierongreen

Whether a large number of vehicles are started manually or automatically blocking will happen (on roads as well as railways). Better that the player can at least avoid a tedious number of clicks I think :)

Ters

That argument can be used against lots of safety mechanism.