News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Release candidate (minimap)

Started by Carl, December 03, 2012, 11:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Just running this on a large existing save and so far most things seem smooth. No obvious gamebreaking bugs, and performance is more or less the same as on 10.15.

Only two things to note so far, both related to the minimap. First, it appears that the minimap cannot be zoomed in any further than 1:1 (previously one could go to 1:3, though there was a crash on going to 1:4). Is this working as intended? Second, it appears that the "pass dest." button doesn't have any effect on the minimap. Is this working?

I should stress that so far I've only been running an existing map on fast forward -- there may well be bugs arising from other activities!

jamespetts

The issue with the passenger destinations feature is known - it's not that it has no effect, but rather that the representations consist of a joined pair of long lines rather than solid boxes, making them difficult to spot and imprecise to locate.

I can't reproduce the zooming issue on the minimap - I can go in to 1:16 on demo.sve or 1:7 on the Bridgewater-Brunel server game (previously, I could only go into 1:4 - I cannot reproduce the crash that you describe in 10.15 on going to 1:4). What system, etc. are you using...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Interesting. On my Balkans map I can zoom in to 1:6, but on the GB map (which I believe you have a version of from other bug tests) I can only zoom to 1:1. That is very strange. (I wonder why this varies between maps at all?)

As for the crash bug, that does indeed seem to have disappeared somewhere inbetween 10.12 and 10.15.

Dwachs

Quote from: Carl on December 03, 2012, 12:50:12 PM
Interesting. On my Balkans map I can zoom in to 1:6, but on the GB map (which I believe you have a version of from other bug tests) I can only zoom to 1:1. That is very strange. (I wonder why this varies between maps at all?)

As for the crash bug, that does indeed seem to have disappeared somewhere inbetween 10.12 and 10.15.
The crash bug was fixed in standard 6 months ago, maybe merged recently into experimental ?

The restriction to zoom-in level is due to some limitations in the implementation. (to prevent integer overflows)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Bernd Gabriel

The zoom factor is limited by

min( 32767 / (2*get_welt()->get_groesse_max()), 16)

Thus the maximum zoom of 16 is available for maps with less than 1024 pixel in either direction only.
The journey is the reward!