News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

New Industry Graphics

Started by wlindley, December 03, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Older oil refinery and oil wells, alongside Junna's behemoth of a modern power station (just as it should be!) which I've finally imported into the game.

PS, @wlindley:

Quote from: wlindley on March 10, 2011, 10:27:39 PM
Point taken, TheHood.  I will eliminate any "buildings" from the fields.  Here is a somewhat revised and completed progression of the Car Factory from 1910, 1922, 1948, 1962, 1970 using entirely the new graphics.  This should help condense the size of BritIndustry.pak significantly once more of the factories are on this scheme.

Since it now would not much increase pak size, I am tempted to add a second, rival, car factory... using some of the "other" models, or perhaps a factory for vans and lorries, maybe a motorcycle factory -- any thoughts on what that would do to industry balancing?

Have you still got these? Would love to include them if they are finished with snow and 4 rotations?

ӔO

am I looking at that correctly? 6x6

massive!
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Some lovely graphics - am I right in thinking that that old refinery is based on my gasworks model?

I do love the massive power station.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Quote from: ӔO on February 18, 2014, 11:09:52 PM
am I looking at that correctly? 6x6

massive!

Indeed

Quote from: jamespetts on February 18, 2014, 11:59:26 PM
Some lovely graphics - am I right in thinking that that old refinery is based on my gasworks model?
Yes it is, with some parts from my modern refinery model too. Credits will be given of course :)

EDIT: New graphics for paper/print chain: bookbinder (small old building - provides books for early bookshop), modern paper factory, victorian and modern printworks.

The Hood

And some new petrol station and pottery graphics

jamespetts

Drewthegreat87

@ Hood

What would be the date range for the new (Old) oil wells and refineries? I notice that in the current Pak128 Britain, the earliest railway tank cars become available is 1927. Would there be any changes made to that vehicle or a new one added to take advantage of such industries? What I've observed is that the date range for certain petrol stations and oil wells etc is 1909 (roughly) in the current version of the pak I have, or have I missed some sort of update or patch? I probably could locate the .dat/.png files for the tank cars and make a new tank car file...but I'm just curious about the new stuff, which looks amazing, by the way!

Thanks!

The Hood

The idea I think is for petrol chains to be available from around 1910ish but in small quantities. We probably do need a few more vehicles available to transport fluids at that time though.

New graphics for printworks & slaughterhouse:

jamespetts

ӔO

might I suggest some liquid chemical storage containers outside the print works?

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

What for? You could always add them as station extensions of course?

Victorian steelworks:

Sarlock

Very nice!  Your rate of production is impressive :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

The Hood

Mainly because I just re-use stuff. Helps for consistency too. Latest example is using Wlindley's mills images: an early textile mill:

ӔO

Quote from: The Hood on February 23, 2014, 09:40:39 PM
What for? You could always add them as station extensions of course?
True, but the print works doesn't output chemicals, so I figured there ought to be a visual representation of what is stored locally.

Then again, the storage tanks could be hidden inside the buildings, so it's all up to how one looks at it.

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

jamespetts

Very nice! I do wonder whether there should be more prominent signage on some of the more modern industries, however...?

The Hood

Modern supermarkets:

What sort of signage did you have in mind?

Sarlock

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

Ahh, splendid, we have been needing those for ages! Signage like I see in this picture is a good start, I think. On the previous one, we could do with a free standing sign near the entrance and some signs above the entrances on the facing wall.

greenling

How those new Industrys looks very good out.
I hope that they get more of this.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

jamespetts

The Hood

And a deco one (loosely modelled on Bentall's in Kingston)

jamespetts

I remember Bentall's from my youth - delightful!

The Hood

And a 1960s monstrosity version

jamespetts

The Hood

And a contemporary glass version.

Nearly there with all the new industries now!

jamespetts

jamespetts

I have noticed that W. Lindley's Victorian era pharmaceuticals factory is no longer available for download, which is rather a shame. Did anyone manage to save it?

greenling

Hello Jamespetts
I have be download the pharm1860.zip that you search!
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

jamespetts

Ahh, splendid. Can you upload it somewhere, perhaps files.simutrans-germany.org?

greenling

jamespetts

Thank you - I have it. That is very helpful.

wlindley

A complete archive of all my "New Industry" files with the pharmaceuticals factory, is here.  Also includes Gimp source images (xcf files, with layers).  All released under the Simutrans standard license.  Hope they are useful.