News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Avenue & Roundabout

Started by Raiser, December 04, 2012, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Roundabout is as a (single) monument in r1134! Thank you!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

In r1134 you also edited werner's monument.
IMHO a monument to a server shouldn't be introduced before 1970.

VS

I guess it depends - is primary timeline, or presence of all monuments?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

IMHO monuments should appear at different years (spaced at least 2-5 years) so to reduce the chance they all appear clogged up in a single city.
Most monument in Pak128 are tributes to Simutrans contributors: a kind of important Easter egg. Hence I would personally prioritize timeline so that every now and then a new monument appears in the map.

greenling

All Monuments need a Timeline.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

VS

That's actually a far better idea than I could come up with!

I would make some always available, then start introducing the rest in in 1850. There are currently 15 of them...

greenling: why?

Fabio

Quote from: VS on January 06, 2013, 07:26:24 PMI would make some always available, then start introducing the rest in in 1850. There are currently 15 of them...

Seems a good plan!

If we make, say, 5 always available, we could phase in the other 10 one each 12 years introducing the last one in 1970.

We should think also of some new monument: Prissi (I'm thinking of him riding the nuke/liquid nitrogen container as in his avatar, it would look so great!), Dwachs, Kieron, Timothy, yourself, Zeno, Igor, vilvoh just to cover the main contributors to the game engine, pakset, and forum.
With more monuments we could think of introducing one every 10 years or  one the sixth year between two regular 12 year releases.

Sarlock

We need to make a Fabio one too.   :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

VS

Yes! Fabio also also forgot hellmade (years of hosting), knightly (programming), Combuijs (maps), FrankP (everything), tttron (years of svn and mysterious refactoring)... I am sure there are even more.

Prissi already stated he wants to get a monument only when he's gone, and I will second that. Maybe we should make this a topic? "Do you want a monument or not?"

ny911

I used nightly r6261 and pak128 2.2.0 r1135

and fount the roundabout (see picture)

It flickers/changes the winter/summer season with every screen frame

VS

**** - and I wrote the dat myself, so I can only cuss at myself again :) Thanks for the report, fixed in r1136.

Raiser

Hi, back from Holiday in Nantes i made a second roundabout for country roads without ground. The next one will be a big 3x3 or 5x5 tile roundabout for two way cityboulevards.

Regards

Raiser

In game screenshot:

mEGa

Quote from: Raiser on January 15, 2013, 08:11:52 PM
Hi, back from Holiday in Nantes i made a second roundabout for country roads without ground.

No really ? I live near Nantes in France... And my job is in Nantes... So we would have been able to pass each other ;)
Roundabout of Nantes are famous (double...) ! They had to inspire you I mean.

So, I like your new creation. just fine.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

greenling

(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Markohs

Those roundabouts look dangerous. :)

gwalch

Dangerous ? Not so much... but really boring ! ;)
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

Raiser

Quote from: mEGa on January 15, 2013, 08:32:38 PM
No really ? I live near Nantes in France... And my job is in Nantes... So we would have been able to pass each other ;)
Roundabout of Nantes are famous (double...) ! They had to inspire you I mean.

This is crazy - I thought something about that before. I saw many roundabouts like the second one there, and a lot of new buildings/infrastructure too. wherefrom comes the money? In germany this is not possible...

Raiser

In between i made a Guide Piles Way-Object, but i can not see anything in the game - what did i do wrong? Icon & Cursor appears, also building the way works!?! i tried out different ways to write the DAT file - however, everytime the same problem. The PNG is withot Alpha-Channel. As basis-template to place the Guide Piles i used road_050.

Would somebody help with the DAT-File?

Regards

Raiser

Vladki

1. remove the summer/winter images. Use just one for all.
2. Use FrontImage and BackImage instead of Image.
3. (Optional) do not use spaces in file and object names.

Raiser

Quote from: Vladki on January 17, 2013, 09:57:07 PM
1. remove the summer/winter images. Use just one for all.
2. Use FrontImage and BackImage instead of Image.
3. (Optional) do not use spaces in file and object names.

Many thanks Vladki - Now it works - i don't know why, but using underlines in file and object names resolves the problem!?! currently i'm able to adjust the fine-position of the guide piles.

Vladki

Quote from: Raiser on January 18, 2013, 10:54:39 AM
Many thanks Vladki - Now it works - i don't know why, but using underlines in file and object names resolves the problem!?!
No, it does not solve your problem, but it helps to avoid other problems in the future. Think of some automated scripts, that use space as input separator and many scripts fail when there are spaces in file names. The same applies for letters with diacritics or other scripts (Cyrillic, Greek, etc.) Different systems use different encodings (utf-8 is not yet everywhere) and something that works perfectly on your computer might be completely unusable somewhere else. It is always safer to name the objects in English (with underlines) and put localized translations to xx.tab files.

Raiser

Ok, i will consider this aspect in future :) What do you think about Guide Piles? I will also add guardrails and alley with threes.

Vladki

I like them, but I would prefer them to be built automatically with the road. Similarly to new highways from fabio which have some guards already included.

greenling

Hello Raiser
Your Plies on the Photo look very good out.
I like those Plies. :thumbsup:

mEGa

Quote from: Raiser on January 19, 2013, 12:21:19 PM
Ok, i will consider this aspect in future :) What do you think about Guide Piles? I will also add guardrails and alley with threes.
I think it's nice idea. Specially alley with threes.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Raiser

Hi, Guide_Piles are completed - here they are:

If you discover a bug or if you want to add some notations let me know - i will modify the piles.

Have Fun!

Raiser

greenling

Raiser that it a Nice Addon.

VS

The new roundabout is really beautiful. It can not make the road one-way all by itself, unfortunately :( Also, if drive on left is activated, these signs still point to the right. Because of these two problems, I think it would be better to have it only as addon. The graphic is still gorgeous anyway! :)

Guide poles are really nice eye candy. I would love to have them as part of the set!

Raiser

Quote from: VS on January 28, 2013, 06:45:00 PM
The new roundabout is really beautiful. It can not make the road one-way all by itself, unfortunately :( Also, if drive on left is activated, these signs still point to the right. Because of these two problems, I think it would be better to have it only as addon. The graphic is still gorgeous anyway! :)

Hi, thank you. It's no problem to remove the signs if this would help.

Guide poles are really nice eye candy. I would love to have them as part of the set!
Everything i paint for pak128 is without copyright and free to use in pak128 if favored! Also everybody is welcome to modify or use my paintings for other things.I would gladly upload the sources, gimp files, etc. if desired. So, it would be a pleasure for me when some of my paintings where incorporated to pak128, if you like my stuff.

Regards

Raiser

Raiser

Hi, One simple question:

Is it possible to make "way-objects" with winter-grafik? Or is this only on roads possible? I tried to make an Alley as a way-object with winter-grafik but it does not work? I found nothing in the wiki about this aspect. If this works not, i have to compile the Alley as a road...

paco_m

Raiser

It can not make the road one-way all by itself, unfortunately :( Also, if drive on left is activated, these signs still point to the right. Because of these two problems, I think it would be better to have it only as addon.

Hi, i removed the direction-signs from the roundabout, so it can be used for left-/righthand  traffic. Also i removed the Guide-Piles because they are currently as way-object available.

greenling

Who Raiser
The new Roundabout looks very good out!

Raiser

Safety Barrier!

I did some rework on Fabios Safety-Barriers from road_130 and compiled them as a way-object for independent using on other roads. To avoid problems with bridges or other roads, i placed them a little further inside. Please Post here if you find a bug or if you have other demands.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

greenling

Raiser
The new photo are cool.
You have make a good job.