News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Avenue & Roundabout

Started by Raiser, December 04, 2012, 07:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiser

Alley!

After eternal trial and error the Alley is (may) completed. I had to juggle with front/backimage to delete some bugs which cause that the trees are not correctly displayed. It wasn't possible to delete all bugs, but i think i found a good agreement. The Road is classified up to 100kmh speed limit, just like typical country roads in my country. Please Post here if you find a bug or if you have other demands.

The source files are too big - so they are hosted outside the forum:

Download (7zip with sources):

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Alley.7z

Have Fun!

greenling

Hello Raiser
The photo looks good out!
Do you live in germany in the city with the Stuttgart?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Sarlock

Very nice, Raiser!  Those look great!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

gauthier

It just lacks pavement.
Cities will be able to build such aesthetics by themselves ?

Raiser

Quote from: gauthier on February 22, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
It just lacks pavement.
Cities will be able to build such aesthetics by themselves ?

Hi Gauthier, the Ally is just intended to be used like a 'Country Road' between cities. I experimented with some grass & scrub besides the street, but that looked a bit 'too much'. IMHO a 'City-Boulevard' would need sidewalks too. The Screenshot should only show the possibilities of the Alley.

Raiser

Quote from: greenling on February 22, 2013, 06:13:38 PM
Hello Raiser
The photo looks good out!
Do you live in germany in the city with the Stuttgart?

Thank You Greenling! - The Appearance of 'Stuttgart' in my Screenshots happend only by chance ;) I'm living in Hannover, Lower Saxony.

Isaac_Clarke

Raiser, your alley addon seems very interesting! I'd like to download but it didn't work, mediafire say the file is damaged or encrypted :(

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Isaac_Clarke on February 25, 2013, 11:30:37 AM
Raiser, your alley addon seems very interesting! I'd like to download but it didn't work, mediafire say the file is damaged or encrypted :(
the same problem ::'(

greenling

Hello Raiser
can you look after your link http://www.mediafire.com/?y4n5omsrhc65g6n
mediafire said it gives damage in the zip.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Raiser

Hi, this is very annoying :(

MediaFire does not support unlimited downloads for encrypted archives if you don't have a premium account.

Does someone know a better possibility to share files online advertising free, or is it possible to upload bigger files than 64kb in this forum?

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Raiser on February 26, 2013, 11:53:35 AMDoes someone know a better possibility to share files online advertising free, or is it possible to upload bigger files than 64kb in this forum?
The forum attachment system is meant for small files that we use for development stuff, such as pakfiles and diffs for source code.

Use this: http://files.simutrans-germany.com/, don't forget to set zero in "days valid" field or the file will be deleted.

Raiser

Yes! Thank you for your quick Reply.

New url:

Alley (7zip with sources):

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Alley.7z

mEGa

Very nice I tested this day. Good idea !
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Isaac Eiland-Hall

It is certainly possible for me to create ftp accounts someplace - then a link could be given for a direct download... the server can handle tons and tons and tons of downloads :)

mEGa

"Temp" repository to submit project pak under construction will be a good thing, I mean. So members will be also delete old uploaded files when pak ready for inclusion to official pak.
I suggest sftp and not ftp (better for security reason, you certainly know that).
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Isaac Eiland-Hall

sftp requires a linux user, i.e. creating a subdomain for each user, which also requires bothering Timothy.

For something like this, my opinion is it's okay for FTP; otherwise I tend to agree. :)

For a regular Simutrans user - I think the offer of space on the server is still open - and especially so since the community is pretty much paying for the server. :)