News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

City roads

Started by paichtis, December 15, 2012, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paichtis

Not sure where to post it as I wonder if it's a feature or a bug  :
when road is built tover a city road, the graphic changes to the new road but the speed limit remains the same which is misleading (especially since later the road will revert back to a city road)
So is that working as designed or a bug ?

(Btw, currently if you want to replace a city road with a faster one, you need first to delete it and then build the faster one)

prissi

Ters

If the behaviour (speed limit) stays city road like, why can't the graphics also? I would prefer this when connecting a road from the countryside to a city's road network. (Currently I stop on a tile next to the city road, and use a lesser road to join the two roads.) But when removing city roads that have crept into my cobble stone paved truck loading areas, I'd prefer it as it is now (or even that city roads don't do that).

prissi

You change the ownership This is indicated by the other graphics: only you can build stops on this road.

It can be cchanged of course to never ever change city roads.

Ters

The game will most likely change the ownership back at some point anyway.

prissi

And you get refund then. But until this only you can built stops there and you get the uincome of covois going there. Although you can anyway remove the road and rebuilt is without speed limit then.

I am not bias against leaving it or protect cityroads (but without city growth, city will stay with dirt roads forever.)