News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Online play pakset mismatch

Started by chicken, December 26, 2012, 05:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicken

Been tearing my hair out over this. I downloaded 10.18 and clicked the "Download Pakset" link on the server page. This gave me pakset Brit-Ex 0.8.3. Clearly that did not work for online play, because it is not the same as the server. I tried it anyway, didn't work.

So I went back to the website and downloaded pak128.Britain-Ex 0.8.4 and tried it with Simutrans-Ex 10.18 again (titlebar says "111.2.1 Experimental 10.18"). But I still get a mismatch when I try to join the online server bridgewater-brunel. It says there's over 500 paks different, including "LUL 2009 Tube Stock" and "Town Hall".

I tried downloading the RC 10.9108, and tried it with both 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 but it doesn't work.

So what's the deal? How do I get the proper version of the pakset to play online?

ӔO

yeah, it's a problem with the server.

Linux is case sensitive, while windows isn't.

Work around: Open up Load game screen (Shift+L), then type in " net:bridgewater-brunel.me.uk " and hit enter/load.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Thank you for the report, and apologies for the difficulties that you are having. This is a known issue with Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.8.4 related, as AEO says, to case sensitivity, that will be resolved in the next version. In the meantime, the workaround described by AEO should work. Apologies for the trouble!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.