News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Like a fabio's building

Started by mEGa, December 27, 2012, 02:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mEGa

Hi,
During a walk, I thought at once of last Fabio's constructions for pak 128 when I saw these new buildings in Nantes (city near west coast of France).
I believe I spend too much  time with Simutrans because I see and think as  landscape of this game ;)

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

greenling

mega
those photo it cool.
Fabio's building have a original correctness.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

IgorEliezer

Either Fabio is plagiarizing the architects, or the architects are plagiarizing Fabio. ;)

Fabio

This is the philosophy behind everything I paint: be inspired by a pool of real life buildings and infrastructure, but never copy a specific one (i.e. Trying to abstract a style).
This way buildings and ways are generic enough to fit many contexts, but realistic enough as an ensemble.
Also copying directly a real world building is dangerous, as it might lead to direct comparison with the prototype.
;)

mEGa

Quote from: Fabio on December 28, 2012, 07:28:12 AM
This is the philosophy behind everything I paint: be inspired by a pool of real life buildings and infrastructure, but never copy a specific one
Also copying directly a real world building is dangerous, as it might lead to direct comparison with the prototype.
;)
I agree with you. I painted with this main philosophy too : just existing building for base of inspiration (as last old high school...)
So your buildings are nice and create realistic atmosphere in the game; fine !
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Sarlock

Simutrans in real life, perfect!
I do the same thing with trees... I don't look at trees the same way anymore, I always think of how I can paint a small 2D version of it...
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics