News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Pak128 road vehicles: Most engines not allowed for mail trailer

Started by whoami, December 28, 2012, 12:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

I guess that this is not intended: there is only one slow engine (PMNV PB-1970 of 1969 with 75 km/h) that is allowed to move the modern mail trailer (of 1972, 130 km/h). This engine is very powerful, but by speed not really the right one for this task.
I have observed this with Pak128 r1092 in (e.g.) the year 2003 and the decades before.
There may also be other mail trailers (also the small ones) with constraints that are too restrictive.

Zeno

Thanks for reporting whoami. That's a pretty old generic post trailer, and its constraints are non-existing vehicles.
I've modified constraints (r1128) to make it match all trucks in its timeline. Feel free to propose new/different/remove constraints.

whoami

I have not been able to employ your changes, as there are still problems with the Pak128 nightlies (the current download archives are defective).
There is also the larger mail cart (110 km/h) that can attach to only two busses, the last of these (S.Kroytor Traveller) expires in 2009. More busses could be configured to use it.

But the disappearance of this last fast bus could rather be disabled - as the speed bonus actually needs faster and faster road vehicles.
Maybe it would be best if the speed bonus for road vehicles would freeze at some point, whereas, at the same time, many high speed trucks would be reduced in speed.

VS

Do you want to take this as a project? It would be the best solution - from my point of view :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

whoami

Do you mean changing (some) constraints and expiration dates? Then I should be able to handle that. (I would have to set up a build environment, a bit difficult due to lack of disk space for such a large pakset, but possible.) Balancing (including speed bonus), on the other hand, I should rather leave at other people's hands. Also, more discussion/consensus seeking will be useful for the latter.

BTW, Pak128 nightlies work again. The large mail trailer has disappeared in year 202x, so there is no current large road mail transporter available any more.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!