News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Salutations

Started by (RP)Kuruya, December 29, 2012, 08:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(RP)Kuruya

Hi everyone! Let me formally introduce myself, I'm (RP)Kuruya and I hail from the Philippines. I started playing Simutrans at least a year ago, but I have been playing other games on the internet and I always use the name Kuruya Ignati.

Now that you guys/gals know me I would like to ask a question. I noticed that in pak128.Britain it is very easy to make money with a public transportation system while on the other hand it's very hard to just rely on your public transportation system on the original pak and pak128 (PS: I'm downloading pak128-2.2.0). Can you suggest ways to improve my chance on getting a better revenue without using industries.

I would also like to ask help on planning subways and central stations.

PSS: I finished downloading 2.2.0 but when I open simutrans it's still 2.1.0

Beder

Hi, Greetings from the philippines to the philippines ;-)

the easiest way to make money with the transportation system is for the beginning a big circle of busses connecting the city halls of all of your cities. that will produce enough passengers to earn much money. the second step is adding enough busses to this line ;-)
The good thing at this "trick" is: Low Maintenance combined with lots of passengers. Also an inefficient system in which the passengers will pay a lot until they reach their destination.

Thats the easiest way to start a big transportation-system

kierongreen

Find the largest city on the map. Cover it with a network of bus stops (to start with just run one bus round). Then do the same for the second largest city, then link the two together with a train. That's how I usually start.