News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Altering climates after loading a savedgame or after starting a game

Started by emaxectranspoorte, January 02, 2009, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emaxectranspoorte

How could I alter climates after loading a savedgame or after starting a game with the climates, allready created?

Say, for example, I have only a mediterran climate in a game (that allows you to put only meditterran objects), and I want to have (after changing my mind, and worked a lot on a particular map) a temperate climate and/or a tropical one, to go with alltogether (that allows you to put other climate objects, as well).

:-\ :-\ :-\

vilvoh

I think it's possible just opening the New World window. Then you got the usual three windows (Language settings, Create a new world and Climate controls) If you modify the numbers and then close the New world window, the game automatically sets up the map with the new climate parameters, without the need of restart it.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: vilvoh on January 02, 2009, 10:31:33 AM
I think it's possible just opening the New World window. Then you got the usual three windows (Language settings, Create a new world and Climate controls) If you modify the numbers and then close the New world window, the game automatically sets up the map with the new climate parameters, without the need of restart it.

Does this also apply for version 100.1 r2184 pak128 nightly I'm using right now?  :-\

vilvoh

Well, I don't know exactly. I usually use 2052 and it works. Just try it... :D

emaxectranspoorte

Well ... I don't really know if it worked or not as I can't place objects (like trees) from that particular climate (example: tropical, after I've set it, as you told me :) 8) )?  :o :-\

vilvoh

Quote from: emaxectranspoorte on January 02, 2009, 10:59:10 AM
[...] I can't place objects (like trees) from that particular climate [..]

AFAIK, I'm afraid this is not possible yet... :-\... perhaps would be a good idea to make an extension request based on this idea.

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: vilvoh on January 02, 2009, 11:05:09 AM
AFAIK, I'm afraid this is not possible yet... :-\... perhaps would be a good idea to make an extension request based on this idea.

Will, do. ;) :D Thanks a lot, vilvoh.  :) :) 8)

What does AFAIK mean? Sorry for asking...  :-\ :-\

VS

afaik - As Far As I Know

Some other frequently used:
imho/imo - In My (Humble) Opinion,
afaict - As Far As I Can Tell
btw - By The Way

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: VS on January 02, 2009, 02:06:47 PM
afaik - As Far As I Know

Some other frequently used:
imho/imo - In My (Humble) Opinion,
afaict - As Far As I Can Tell
btw - By The Way

What about SCNR? :-\

wipi35

prissi

Save the game as XML. This will give you an XML-file. Rename the savegame to game.xml.Z and use winzip 7z or any other packer to unextract it. (It will be HUGE 100MB or more.) OPen the file in WOrd, which can handle such overlarge files pretty good.

The climates will be in record <einstellungen_t>
There will be two lines wil <bool>...</bool>
next an <i8> and the following eight <i16>s will be the climate borders.
the nineth <i16> is the winter snowline.

Edit them, and change file extension again to SVE (no need to pack it). After reloading, the new climates border apply.

emaxectranspoorte

Thank you, prissi. Very helpfull. :)

But can't still add any objects with that climate, for some reason... :-\

prissi

Adding objects you can do anyway climate independent, when you use the editor. Just enable "ignore climates" before building.

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: prissi on January 07, 2009, 08:17:48 PM
Adding objects you can do anyway climate independent, when you use the editor. Just enable "ignore climates" before building.

No it won't. :( It won't allow me to add objects climate independent, sorry, prissi. :( When I do add objects (example trees) from a different climate than what I have at the moment, then it just DOESN'T PLACE THE ITEM :-\ ... *Very Confusing* :o :-\

prissi

Yes, there is. I circled it red for all dialoges.

[attachment deleted by admin]

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: prissi on January 08, 2009, 11:34:01 AM
Yes, there is. I circled it red for all dialoges.

What version are you using :-\ ... if you don't mind me asking? :-\

Combuijs

Every edit map dialog has this. It is there from at least version 100.0. In the latest nightlies only the public player can do this, in earlier versions every player could do it.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: Combuijs on January 08, 2009, 12:27:27 PM
In the latest nightlies only the public player can do this, in earlier versions every player could do it.

No wonder I couldn't place anything as other players... You're absolutely, right, Combuijs. BTW I allready knew about the earlier versions with this issue, just not the current ones. :)

prissi, sorry, this may seem odd to you, but when I had this error first time (and I restarted Simutrans several times) I COULD NOT PLACE ANY OBJECTS FROM A DIFFERENT CLIMATE REGARDLESS OF PLAYER.  :o :o :o
So I thought I'll sleep on it and then ask for help, and maybe later post this in extension requests.

And now it works, when I tested it, again...  ::) ::) :D

I really apologize for causing you so much trouble with this issue, especially you, prissi, :( :(
YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT! :)