News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Running cost abberations for obsolete vehicles (Release candidate .19)

Started by Junna, January 23, 2013, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

During some playing, I have come across that a number of random vehicles seem to get absurd running costs when they become obsolete (an immediate jump into the multiple hundreds, the MSJA three-carriage EMU costs 447/km). I have, in my own game, disabled the obsolete price increase, but it still occurs. Note that it appears only in a few vehicles, one of which is the aforementioned EMU, another is the Guy Arab bus, which bolsters a running cost of 150-something. The information box displays things such as "Increase due to obsoletion: 54014%/km. Increase due to obsolete material: 7158278%", which makes me assume it is due to some sort of error in the current code (not always exactly the same, but generally within a similar range of absurd numbers.)

jamespetts

Hmm - my first thought is that this might be an integer overflow. Can you upload a saved game in which this occurs?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Hmm - I think that your saved game is corrupted. Could you try uploading it again?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on January 24, 2013, 11:16:02 PM
Hmm - I think that your saved game is corrupted. Could you try uploading it again?

The save game works for me. Does it fail to load for you? I'm sure you remembered to use the RC-?

I've noticed that apart from appearing odd on the increasing maintenance costs, the maximum capacity of electricity networks is shown as 400 million MW or something similar, is this intended or something perhaps related?

jamespetts

Ahh - my mistake - I didn't spot that this was an RC issue.

Bernd - could you look into this and the electrical issue? I should be most grateful.