News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Tram line on the city road bridge

Started by Foxglove, January 20, 2013, 12:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxglove

Somewhy I am not able to build tram track by City road bridge above the river, and it was like that in all versions of the game (pak 128).  Makes me thinking it was not meant to be done. But I believe it can be fixed in future versions, because I have to build own bridge for tram lines and it is not very realistic.
Behind "city road bridge above the river" I mean not those rivers in canions where landscape is going down, but those rivers I can make using map tools button on the panel while playing for municipal service.

ӔO

Are there movable bridges with road and tramway?

I only know of movable bridges with either road or railway, but I have never come across a movable bridge that allows trams to cross.

Typically, tramways require rigid bridges because of their electrification.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

asaphxiix

at least for experimental (I can't check right now but I assume that for standard as well), bridges over rivers in cities are built by public player for some reason - i've wanted to bring that up for a while - dunno the reason for this, but this is probably the reason why you can't build a tram line? and either way, makes it quite hard to use the river, which is naturally a good path for railways, as it is clear of houses and flat, only requiring modification of the river itself (and the bridges above it). So I think it would be better if this is changed, so city bridges are built unowned. I will open a thread for this.

sdog

there are proper bridges, and in some pak-sets something like grade-crossings with rivers, that look like tiny movable bridges. The former are usually at least 3 tiles long and one step high, the latter are only one tile long, and flat. What type of bridges is involved?

Dwachs

Quote from: sdog on January 20, 2013, 07:57:44 AM
there are proper bridges, and in some pak-sets something like grade-crossings with rivers, that look like tiny movable bridges. The former are usually at least 3 tiles long and one step high, the latter are only one tile long, and flat. What type of bridges is involved?
It must be the former: you can build tram tracks on any kind of road bridges. While for technical reasons you cannot build a tram track on a flat river - road crossing.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.