News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[10.25] trains get stuck for no reason

Started by asaphxiix, January 29, 2013, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

the train at 1194,1131 is stuck for no apparent reason.  i've seen this today in another place too, today. I'll try to release it, but you can see this in the 21:11 save.

edit: I clicked 'schedule' then closed the schedule window, it resumed driving.

Also the Tram 1183,1032, same thing. It had the same problem from a few months ago where it reserved a track ahead. I unlocked it with 'b'.

jamespetts

If this problem is limited to when 10.25 was first deployed to the server and does not reappear, I am minded to leave things; this might either be an issue relating to not saving block reservations, or a temporary side effect of the fix applied to prevent the bug from 10.24 from stopping the server again. I should be grateful for any information on whether this recurs.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

asaphxiix

yes, this recurred shortly after I fixed it. seems to happen an cetrain spots, and quite resembling the issue that was some versions ago.

jamespetts

Can you let me know specifically where they tend to recur?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

asaphxiix

nope, seems to happen at different locations. Only in circular route.

jamespetts

Does it reserve a random section a long way ahead as a previous bug did, or does it manifest in some other way? I shan't be able to find and fix the problem without being able to reproduce it reliably.

asaphxiix

yes, it's just like the previous bug (mostly only a few tiles ahead, or even one, but can be more). Only sometimes I can't seem to find the reserved track, so I click on random tiles ahead of the train, and it resumes driving at some point.

This happens quite often, you should be able to catch it - or do you need to actually see it happen? If you need i'll upload the 21:11 save, I see it's not in the backup bank anymore.

jamespetts

What I need to be able to do is know in advance which specific tile will be wrongly reserved, so that I can set a breakpoint that is triggered only when that specific tile is reserved, so that I can see how the code reserving the tile came to be called incorrectly. If you can reproduce a specific sequence with this occurring and I can predict the tile, I should be able to track down the bug.

Thank you very much for your help!

asaphxiix

this may be possible, I'll try saving often.

jamespetts

Thank you very much! Let me know what you come up with.

asaphxiix

in one attempt, I loaded a game in which i knew trams would get stuck at appledale a while later, but no reproduction.

asaphxiix

in the 11:25 save, you can see it happen exactly when the game is loaded, at 1806 1334 (pause the game to see the train go from it and the train right after it gets stuck).

However, this might not be exactly what we're looking for. I believe it happens also apart from saving and loading, but I can't tell for sure.

jamespetts

It would be very helpful if you could test specifically to see whether this occurs apart from saving/loading, as this is a somewhat important consideration in knowing where to look for the bug.

asaphxiix

So far I can pretty safely say that this is a save/load issue. A very grave one as well :\

Strange that it only appeared on this version.

Anyway, any ideas for a way to "work around"  it? I fear I might have to remove all trams.

jamespetts

Please let me know whether this problem recurs in 10.26.

jamespetts

ӔO

still seems to happen in some instances.

In the north corner, SP1/SP2/SP3 has become stuck after a save/load.

Also, I've noticed IPA's convoy 105 has become stuck in a strange way.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/client4-network.sve
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Convoys becoming stuck after a save/load is a known issue relating to not saving route reservations, which should be fixed when 112.x merge is finished and incorporated.