News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

simutrans.uruk-online.net (pak64.german)

Started by paco_m, February 05, 2013, 08:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco_m

Hi,
I am currently setting up the server again and just made a small test game.
Game is running - feel free to join and report any problems in this thread.

Game version Simutrans 112.2
Server: simutrans.uruk-online.net
Port: 13353
Pakset: pak64.german_pm http://simutrans.uruk-online.net/simuserver/pak64.german_pm.zip

Closed game, subscriptions for next round here or in the german forums:
http://www.simutrans-forum.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=7584

greenling

Hello Paco_m
you want start a networkgame for Pakgerman?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

paco_m

Server open for testing but will be resetted (deleting any player structures) tomorrow for official start, however you can already test connection/pakset etc.
The final map will have (almost) the same geographic but more and larger cities as it has now ;)

EDIT:
As the server seems to run without any problems since yesterday I just decided to make the adjustements to the map on the fly, I mean online and keep the game running.
Just resetted due to some simuconf.tab adjustements because I had some desyncs, if this still happens let me know.

paco_m

Some comments to the map/pak64.german gameplay:

There are no industries at the moment - however some will spread and can be used in the later gameplay.
Avoid too expensive means of transport in the early game and I highly recommend cooperate with other players (connect lines with them)

paco_m

Game stopped temporarly due to some cooperation problems (a player is nearly burned down because another is overcrowding the public stop) - unfortunately we could not communicate with this player "Spieler 9" - if you read this please join the chat http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=simutrans

EDIT: game running again, please make sure that you can handle the traffic and communicate with the other player before connecting to public stops - thanks ;)

Ashley

Something is badly wrong with your server, it's spamming the listing server with several announce requests per second. Please can you check why?

(Looking at my old server's logs, you were pushing over 2GB of traffic a day just from game server announces!)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

paco_m

Quote from: Timothy on August 17, 2013, 08:11:54 AM
Something is badly wrong with your server, it's spamming the listing server with several announce requests per second. Please can you check why?

(Looking at my old server's logs, you were pushing over 2GB of traffic a day just from game server announces!)

No idea what happened, I just got this errors repeatedly
Warning: network_check_activity():      received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[7]
Warning: network_check_activity():      received cmd id=1 nwc_gameinfo_t from socket[7]
Warning: network_check_activity():      received cmd id=10 nwc_pakset_info_t from socket[7]
Warning: network_check_activity():      received cmd id=10 nwc_pakset_info_t from socket[7]
Warning: network_receive_data:  connection [7] already closed

server announce interval is set to 1200 (= every 20 minutes)