News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

changing ticket price

Started by asaphxiix, February 08, 2013, 04:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

Hello,

How does one change the ticket price in the pak?

I tried changing the 'value=x' value in goods.dat (which in experimental seems to be three hundred times the price), but nothing happened. I can change speed bonus value there, but not the ticket price?

Ters

I assume you actually ran makeobj on everything and copied the result to the Simutrans installation?

asaphxiix

aha yes!

so I was at the right place?

I was trying in experimental, maybe this is a specific problem.

Combuijs

You were at the right place! (don't know about the right time...).

Simutrans Experimental should work in the same way as far as I know.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

prissi

Better put the new goods into the addon folder. Because files there are always loaded after the file in the pak. Since files can be combined into larger files, putting changed stuff into the simutrans pak directory may not always overlay the entries as desired.

asaphxiix

asaphxiix

i'm very sorry - this seems to be a problem with experimental only - perhaps the topic can be moved to exp. development forum?

thanks

jamespetts

Ahh, I have just realised that I had not updated the .dat reference addendum for Experimental to describe fare stages (an omission which I have now rectified). Where fare stages are specified, these override the original "value=" specifications. See goods128.dat in Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.8.4 and onwards for an example.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

asaphxiix

ah, thanks james!

and when these values are not present, the game behaves as before?

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.