News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Traffic light graphics

Started by Sarlock, February 16, 2013, 05:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Bug or "feature"?

A vehicle's graphics are drawn in front of the traffic signal on the south-west corner.  I tested both pak64 and pak128 and they both do the same thing.

(working on upload bug to my FTP, fixed shortly) [added as attachment, my FTP isn't working for some reason]

Not sure if this is a fixable graphical issue or if it has to be this way because of a larger, more complex issue.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

greenling

Hello Sarlock
That it a bug in the dat.
I will look whether in can quick fix can.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Dwachs

This is a limitation of the graphics engine. Similar problems arise with crossing and overhead wires graphics.

In order to prevent this error, the traffic light has to be drawn after the vehicle (graphics in front image). Then however the traffic light graphics is drawn on top of vehicles driving on the tile below.... This cannot be solved easily.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Sarlock

Thanks for the info, I suspected it was something like that.

It's not that important (I honestly never even noticed until I was looking closely today), was just curious if it was a fixable issue with the DAT arrangement or an engine limitation.  Now I know :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics