News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[RC 11.900] Stationary Convoys on Load of 10.x Game

Started by Carl, March 11, 2013, 08:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Upon loading a savegame from the later 10.x versions, many trains will be stationary and will not move until they are selected. This includes trains which were "on the move" at the time of saving.

Not all convoys are affected -- and the proportion of convoys affected seems to vary between saves. For whatever reason, it seems that "long distance" services are more likely to be affected than stopping commuter services.

Let me know if you can reproduce this; if not, I will upload a savegame and pakset.

jamespetts

May I check - does this ever occur with games saved by the RC? It would be helpful for you to upload a saved game (and, if necessary, pakset) to demonstrate, as I have not seen this issue occur before.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on March 11, 2013, 11:20:59 AM
May I check - does this ever occur with games saved by the RC? It would be helpful for you to upload a saved game (and, if necessary, pakset) to demonstrate, as I have not seen this issue occur before.

Using the long previous (not the current) online game gives you a good example.

Carl

Saving the same map in the RC and then reloading does not eliminate the problem. Shortly I'll test whether a map created entirely in the new RC has this problem.

In the meantime, here is one of the 10.x saves which demonstrates the problem:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61716/stationary.rar

Check out the mini-map to find the many stationary convoys. Also, you can find some which are moving around Budapest.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. Can you check whether setting them all going again, then letting the game run for a time then saving then re-loading gives the same problem (i.e., convoys are stopped on loading), or whether it is only convoys that are stopped when being loaded from 10.x games that are affected?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

I've just tried what you suggested -- set a few stationary convoys moving by selecting them, and then saving the game in the RC. Upon reloading in the RC, those convoys are stationary again.

jamespetts

Ahh, so this is not just an issue about loading older saved games. Thank you for the report - Bernd and/or I (whoever gets the time first) will have to look into this.

Bernd Gabriel

I pushed a fix to my "112.x-private-cars-merge" branch.
The journey is the reward!

jamespetts