News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[RC] Braking for Waypoints

Started by Carl, March 16, 2013, 09:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

In the RC, convoys appear to brake for non-reversing waypoints -- a bug which I believe had been removed from previous 10.x versions.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I have been able to reproduce this. Bernd - would you be able to look into this one?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Bernd Gabriel

I fixed this issue in my 112.x-private-cars-merge branch.

@James: I added required parantheses to your addition of revision: 651b5448cbad46fea0fde9f20ee12f0ffec398e5 from 03.11.2012 22:23:57 (Message: FIX: Crash on re-routing in some cases.)
If you remember how to test the addition, you should re-test it.

The journey is the reward!

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I can't see where you've added the brackets - are you sure that you committed that one?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

There's something very strange going on in the latest RC. It boils down to "trains going slowly where there's no reason for them to do so", but I haven't been able to pin down anything more detailed than that yet. It's not just braking for waypoints. It could be braking for signals, or misreading speed limits.

The reason it's hard to pin down is that convoys seem to start behaving as they should whenever they are selected. (That sounds ridiculous, I know!)

Has something like this been observed already by others? If not, I'll post a savegame which you can observe in both 10.x and the RC.

Edit: here's one extra detail, at least: the problem manifests itself as convoys travelling at 48kph when there is no reason for them to be going so slow. When selected, they will immediately accelerate.

jamespetts

Hmm - the behaviour of behaving correctly when selected was observed  with an earalier error -  now fixed - when conovyss would be stationary upon loading. I wonder whether the two are related...?

Carl

Yes, that occurred to me too. One difference is that the slow-moving state does not seem to appears immediately on loading, unlike the previous stationary error -- that is, convoys may be behaving correctly upon loading of a savegame but then later become slow.

Bernd Gabriel

A savegame and a hint, which convoy when starts loitering would be helpful to see, whether the last fix also fixed this issue.

Carl

Here's a savegame (plus pak folder).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61716/slow.rar

If you fast forward, the convoys you see moving in the location in the frame on loading can be caught travelling slowly after a while. They seem to be travelling at 64kph on this section of track (not 48 as I previously said). But, as mentioned above, they will switch to behaving normally when you select them.

Since 64 and 48 correspond to track speed limits used on this map, I wonder whether this bug is related to convoys not properly recognising changes in track speed limit.

Bernd Gabriel

Thanks Carl. The last fix fixed this issue as well.

Carl

Thanks very much, Bernd!

To clarify - the fix Bernd referred to wasn't part of the latest RC 11.90001 published by James?

Bernd Gabriel

No. The fix I'm talking about is still in my branch only. I think it will be part of 11.9002.