News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

SMSC April 2013 Edition: Trams

Started by An_dz, April 04, 2013, 01:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

This month SMSC we bring an old request and very interesting topic: Trams.
Trams are a very efficient and commonly used vehicle of Simutrans and the lack of a SMSC for them makes we wonder what our players can do with them.
And here's your chance of showing how important trams can be for the transportation market. I know I can expect good screens this month.

Rules
  • Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Trams
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used
  • Please include a name for your image
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at April 21st. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prizes:
  • Compliments by the community
  • Become the cover picture of our Facebook page
  • Become the Simutrans homepage image

jap train fan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicholasnothing/8631151326/
Mian Street
Pak 128 Britian (Real game)

The main street of Windsor is a busy place with trams serving tourists stopping at the famous pie shop, cityhall and the market.

Alex. Brose

Name: The small shopping districtReal game: no
Pakset: pak192.comic (with new buildings and trees, coming soon)
Discription: A small town with shopping district. You can take the tram to drive in the nearby metropolis.

(click to enlarge)

Václav

Little tram lost in maze (or Where is the end?)
Pakset: pak96.comic (with some addons)
Game: currently played (but used vehicle is obsolete; map of Arabia but with randomly placed cities with czech names)
Description: tram depot point with large circle crossing for many lines (zoom used for visibility of whole maze)

(uploaded to graphics.simutrans.com)

Used visible addons (all available in board of pak96.comic):
tram wires for speed 100 km/h
train wires for speed 120 km/h
train set Longena
tram Solitera (passenger version)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Isaac_Clarke

"Vamos a la playa" by tram!

Here is the seaside town of Carnon, next to Montpellier.
Thanks to a pressure of the mayor and dismay of locals, the beach is now reachable by the tramway company of Montpellier. Empty in winter and crowded in summer, this line has solved the big problem of parking in the month of July and August.

Main map and savegame but i beautified the area for the contest
pak 128 + addon

Enkort

The Toden Arakawa Line is a streetcar line in Tokyo, Japan.

The Arakawa Line is the sole survivor of Tokyo's once-extensive Tokyo Toden streetcar system.

The line was originally constructed as a part of extensive network, with the oldest section still operating today opened in 1913.

There are no plans to replace or eliminate the tram line. However, the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line and the Nippori-Toneri Liner provide alternative routes for some tram users and may impact the line's profitability.

real game, pak128.japan

Vladki

Name: Brno - Ceska street.
Pakset: pak128.cz with some not yet released addons from TommPa9
Not a real game

This is a busy tram and trolleybus hub in the city center. You can see most of the tram and trolley bus types that are used in Brno, Czech republic. Unfortunately, only two trams are in the proper (but old) livery, the others are painted in colours of other Czech cities.

sdog

I'm managing the g+ page for simutrans, and there's a new cover photo which needs high res images (up to 2120X1192).

I'd be very thankful if one or two of you could also post links to some higher resolution images. Most likely you can't reach that insane res, but the higher the resolution the better. Since i have to tinker with it, some licensiing comparable to creative commons by-nc-sa or more free would be required.

ps.: i ought not add how silly i consider that new change, but is still do it. It's not supposed to be a bloody slideshow but a social network.

Václav

Quote from: sdog on April 11, 2013, 01:49:15 AM
I'm managing the g+ page for simutrans, and there's a new cover photo which needs high res images (up to 2120X1192).
May it be.

On graphics.simutrans.com you may find also original sized screenshot by me. It is in double size.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

TommPa9

Name:
V Sadech Pětatřicátníků.
Pak 128.CZ 0.2.x (alpha version)
Not real game, situation based on real station in my hometown Plzeň

history: In this area was placed barracks of 35. infanterie regiment of Austrian-hungary army. Now is on place of 35. regiments barracks one of biggest parking lots in center of city.

Vladki

I couldn't resist to make an alternative version of my screenshot with dual track trams from czech forum. This screenshot is out of contest, just for amusement:

Screenshot: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/simscr08.png
Paks: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8596.msg82652#msg82652

SilverHorse

Estación de Aravaca

This created scenario (not a real game) plays a railway and tram station at the North-West of Madrid. At Aravaca Station are three lines: Metro Ligero 2 (tram) and Cercanías C-7 and C-10 (suburban railway). Also, I have tried to recreate the urban landscape.

You can see an image of this area at Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/KY9AY

The trains are Renfe Series 447 and Civia. The bus is a Scania N-270 UB with Carsa Versus bodywork from EMT de Madrid. Finally, the tram is a Citadis 302 (the same model as used in Metro Ligero) from Le Mans.

I have used pak 128 with French (tram stop and vehicle) and Spanish (trains and bus) addons.

gwalch

"Night Service for the new Fretadis"

City of Montauban... The cannery and the supermarket are on opposites edges. No big trucks allowed in the center ? Not a problem, we can use tram tracks with new fretadis (the big one with green lights). With this modern and futuristic design, it makes city more beautiful !

From my real game
pak128 and some french addons (look at SNFOS site) :
-tram stop by mEGa
-Citadis 402 livery from city of Tours by me
-Fretadis tramcars (available for goods, cooled goods and mails), pure fictionnal, by me
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

cy087

A small part of Simuland

It's a bit large still, but it does show 4 of the tram lines in "Simuland"
1) The Simuland Tram Testing and Proving Centre is where new trams are tested for performance and safety before being commissioned. (It is also used to get the testing staff back and forwards to work.)
2) The Goolwa Local Loop is an intracity tram route essential for workers to get to work, families to get around etc.
3) The Simuland Employees Car Park Shuttle Service is essential as no private vehicles are allowed inside the Simuland grounds.
4) The Main Intercity Tram is a high speed line connecting the three main cities in the Simuland world.

Pakset is PAK128 + French addons + Other addons + some experimental home made add-ons.

Simuland is a "theme park" or an exposition really.  It has all the transport technology "ever" available in Simutrans PAK128 organised into Yesteryear/Today/Tomorrow areas that visitors can ramble around, view from the monorail circuit or even stay at the Resort Hotel.

It is a real game in the terraforming sense, i.e. The "Simuland Trust Company" is a not for profit player who would have been bankrupt 20 years ago were it not for the freeplay option.  My idea is to create a history of Simuland with save games every 10 years or so.  When that is done and the associated history is written I will present it to the forum.

It's my first screenshot post and I know it covers a bit too much ground , so please be gentle :-)
cheers
CY087

Mod note: Fixed image and link --An_dz