News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

simutrans japanpak128

Started by Beauvais Hadrien, April 21, 2013, 11:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beauvais Hadrien

Hello.
I recently download Simutrans pak128 and Japan pak128 to my computer and I really enjoy the game.
However, it's embarrassing to see that it's impossible to use all the functionality of the game.
For exemple, in the Japan pak128, you can't fish on the sea just because there are no features for merchandise ports and so you can't produce any processing food for making bento. So, it's irritating to know that when you play the game.
I'm finally glad to play it but it's a pity to see that game released while it's not finished.
Thanks for having read my message

Hadrien 

Ters

Hi and welcome

The game is finished and fully functional, but just like buildings, there are still occasional renovations and improvements afterwards. Not all pak sets are complete though, but I was under the impression that pak128 an pak128.japan was among the fully functional ones (I only have experience with pak64).

I don't quite understand your complaint, possibly because I don't know the industries in pak128.japan. One thing that's independent of all pak sets is that industry chains generated by Simutrans should always be complete. If there is a factory/building requiring some goods, there should be a producer for that goods somewhere. Though bugs might occur in Simutrans as in every other piece of software. (If using map editing tools, you have to make sure to make sure to connect everything yourself, which really is something for advanced players.) Also, you don't go randomly fishing yourself, there has to be a fishery somewhere.

benjad

I just checked it out, don't routinely play japanpak128.  This pak is primarily focused on transporting passengers (in 2 classes) and mail.  The only real industry chain is rice (and that is likely only to make cities grow).  So, it really does not show what the engine is capable of. 

So, if you want to see more industries, try the other pak sets.  All of them have more developed industry chains.  All are available in multiple languages, so if you speak japanese natively, you are not just limited to that pak set. 

There are also lots of add-ons for this pak, although I don't remember the links to them well.  There is also a very active forum.

Lastly, if you think another industry chain is needed, feel free to design it.  More contributors are a good thing.

Antonin

I wish I had artistic talent, because I've always wanted to spend more time with japanpak128.  I play britainpak128 and pak128 mostly. I'm mainly interested in setting up industrial transport networks, especially for food processing. I have never had success with passenger networks.

Perhaps someone out there will add more industries to japanpak128.  :)

An_dz

You con copy some pak files from other 128 paksets to increase the number of chains in pak128.Japan. Anyway, their looks will contrast with pak128.Japan style.

Ters

Figuring out which files are needed to make a complete chain is however not a walk in the park and not something I would recommend for the original poster. It's a hack.

Lus1531

PAK128.Japan that is distributed by online installer is little older.
If you get newest PAK128.Japan alpha version from PAK128.Japan official cite(http://pak128.jpn.org/index.htm.en),you will get more industrial chain in the game.
But it's alpha version which isn't still balanced.So be careful.
It doesn't include cargo port,it is an example of alpha version.
Solve the problem for now, the track stop build together with port.
I will request to add cargo port to PAK128.Japan.

p.s.
I didn't know about that recent online installer distribute PAK128.Japan alpha version, sorry.
BattleSimutrans project(Japanese)
In japanese,"Lus" is spelled "ラス".

greenling

Hello Lus1531
Thank you for the link of the new Pak128.japan set.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Antonin

I upgraded to the latest version of Simutrans the other day, and got the online installer to also install Pak128.Japan.  I notice that it does not have a cargo bay image.

I'm sure that all of us will appreciate any new work done on Pak128.Japan.

Maybe I will try the alpha version, but I don't know the website Lus1531 provides the link to, and I am always very careful about clicking on links and downloading things from a website I am not familiar with.

An_dz

It's the official one Antonin, it's the same if you go to the paksets page of the website. Don't worry.

Antonin

Thank you very much, An_dz!