News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Vehicles' weight and ways' max weight

Started by Zeno, June 08, 2013, 10:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've read the notes on several places (specially in 9.0001 changes) and I'm quite confused with the max weight parameter in ways, and axle_load, axles and weight parameters in vehicles. Which of them should I use? Are all of them compatible, do they affect in different manner?

I understand the bridge change that only the weight of the portion of the train that is on every moment over the bridge affects, but what happens on normal way tiles? I guess that max weight is mandatory, but what happens then with axle_load? It would be great some update on this in the ".dat reference addendum" sticky thread in the forum. Is there any other reference doc about experimental dat parameters?

Thank you in advance for your help and comments on this.

jamespetts

The "max_weight" for non-bridge way tiles now refers to axle load. The "axle_load" parameter is set in a vehicle's .dat file. If no axle_load parameter is set, the axle load is inferred by dividing the weight by the number of axles set in the "axles" parameter. If nothing is set in the "axles" parameter, the number of axles is deemed to be 2.

Does this assist?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Zeno

I still can't run a BR-103 loco (weight = 114 t, axle load = 19 t) thru a 100 t max weight track. That's why I thought that way's max weight ignored axle stuff, or it was used for other restrictions.
Btw, I'm using makeobj v53 for 111.2.1 exp 10.27. Should I use a more recent makeobj?

jamespetts

Yes, you will need to use a more recent makeobj, since the makeobj for 10.27 was not set up for axle loads.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Hello Jamespetts & Zeno
we got a problem! The difference from Simutrans Standart to Simutrans Exp now to big.
Prissi have relase on 25 May an new Simutrans 112.3 that now must be use a Makeobj 55.2.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=11920.0
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

I am working to try to get Experimental up to date, but there are a number of issues that need to be addressed first.

Zeno

Is there any recently compiled version of makeobj out there? I downloaded the code but finally I gave up compiling it myself  :-[

jamespetts

There will be when I release, towards which goal I am currently working hard.

Zeno

Ah, good. Thank you James, I'll patiently wait for that :)