News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

11.9007 (commit 0567cc5) bugs

Started by MCollett, June 09, 2013, 09:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCollett

Two bugs in 11.x branch commit 0567cc5 from GitHub, compiled for Mac OS X 10.8.

• Inconsistent factory connections. In this just-started game (using the latest version of Pak128.Britain Experimental), the stop 'Haverhill Cattle Farm' reports that it is connected to the nearby cattle farm, but the cattle farm does not think it is connected to the stop. The same problem occurs at 'Bromborough Dairy'.  A work-around is to construct and then delete a staging post or similar at the stop; this makes the factory realise that it is actually connected.

• End-of-month crashing.  The same game just before the end of the first month crashes with a 'floating point exception' as the month rolls over from January to February.  (I had thought that floating point operations were generally avoided for reasons of network consistency.)
Best wishes,
Matthew

jamespetts

Thank you for the reports. No. 2 was actually an integer division by zero, which I have now fixed on the 11.x branch. No. 1 is a rather strange issue that I have not yet tracked down related to what appears to be inconsistent treatment of distances for the purpose of factory coverage.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

neroden

Regarding bug #1, I believe I have found and fixed this.

The factory coverage code is *painfully hard to get right* and should probably never have been implemented in the first place.
---
The fix is again on my emergency-depot-bugfix branch.

jamespetts

Thank you for the fix - much appreciated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.