News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

How do I build trams?

Started by Matthew, June 26, 2013, 05:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

I have recently discovered and downloaded Simutrans.

I like to give a huge 'thank you' to everyone who has worked on the engine and the paksets; it's an amazing achievement.

I have also enjoyed reading these forums for further info - such a polite and friendly community.

Anyway, to the point: for some reason I can't work out how to build trams in my current game. I can lay tracks and overhead wires, but depots get the "cannot build this depot here" message wherever I try: on empty land, on tram lines, with and without overhead wires. Nor is there any option to build tram stops. It's been like throughout the 1880s and early 1890s, which is surely primetime for trams.

What procedure am I missing? Or are trams not available in ST-Experimental at the moment?

Simustrans 111.0 Experimental 10.11 r1011 with pakset pak128.Britain-Ex-0.8.3.

I suspect that this is an ignorance problem rather than a bug, but I have put a savegame here:
https://www.box.com/s/1nrrh3vmj49pv3nq8b2m
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

HDomos

I didn't opened your game, as i dont have experimental on my computer at the moment, but maybe i can help.
A tram depot can be built on the end tile of a tram track which doesn't have a road underneath it. The overhead wire doesn't matter when you are building it (as i know).
For the tram stops:
The trams can use the bus stops and rail stations. If the tram track is on road, you can build a bus stop, if not you can build a railway station.
I hope i helped :)

Matthew

Thank you, Danke! So simple once you explained it!
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

AP

You need an overhead electric cable on the depot tile if you want to build electric trams. Otherwise you'll only be able to get steam trams or horse-drawn trams.

Stranger

I dont know how can I build a trams tracks too.Please someone can write to me,step by step,what I need to do?Sorry,Im dumb,my english too ;D
Three supplementary questions:
How can I electrify that(step by step pls :D)
Where can I buy a trams-In game help I found advice that must build a depot,but cant find a tram depot at upside menu.I build a train depot and cant buy a tram inside.
When I need curve the tracks,how can I do that?

Please,I wanna enjoy the game and Im a beginner.

kierongreen

If you look in the tram toolbar you will find electrify tool. Curves in tracks are built as any other track - you click the start and end tile you want to connect with track.

jamespetts

Which pakset are you using?

Welcome to the forums, incidentally, and to Simutrans!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Stranger

Quote from: jamespetts on August 03, 2013, 04:42:47 PM
Which pakset are you using?

Welcome to the forums, incidentally, and to Simutrans!

Hi,if this was for me,I use a pack 64 german and pack 128 britain and in both,I can find a depo in the upside menu....