News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Narrow gauge tanker wagons

Started by jamespetts, June 30, 2013, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I have added some narrow gauge tanker wagons, as there were not previously any in the pakset. These might be useful for Standard, too. Images:

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Thanks! - the large ones do look rather big for narrow gauge though?

kierongreen

Modern narrow gauge vehicles can be quite long - on the WHR for example some coaches are up to 13m long (nearly 3/4 the length of a MK1 BR coach). Since there's no modern goods transport by narrow gauge in the UK a bit of imagination is required to think of how waggons might have similarly developed.

jamespetts

I have based my "modern" narrow gauge vehicles on South African practice on the basis that South African wagons and locomotives are used on the WHR. They are, I think, in scale with things like the Funkey diesel locomotive of that era.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

greenling

Hello Jamespetts
came the Narrow gauge tanker wagons in the pak128.britain standart too?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

Greenling -  please stop pestering for things to be updated to standard. I do not always have the time to keep up with all the updates and it is not helpful for you to post messages like this.

The Hood

I've just noticed the SAR tanker has goods=meat...

jamespetts

Thank you for spotting the error - now fixed.