News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Reservation bugs seem to have resurfaced

Started by Junna, July 10, 2013, 12:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Yes, there was a further bug in 11.1 where trains do not delete their prior reservation when they change their schedule, and this is separate from the station bug. I'm not sure if it's still present, but here's how you could reproduce it if it were:

Change the track at a complex junction so that a convoy has to cancel its previously laid-in reservation in favour of a different route. You should see that the previously reserved route will not be fully cancelled.

waerth

Thx Aeo and Carl that is exactly what happens :)

jamespetts

Thank you for this report. Can you upload a saved game example of a sufficiently "complex junction" for this to be able to be reproduced reliably? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

The complexity is probably not too important -- the crucial part is that a train must be made to alter its existing reservation. I'll try to throw something together shortly.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Carl

Here goes:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/reservations.sve
(this can be loaded with the pakset from the convoy spacing topic)

Pause after loading, and the reservation should be as follows:

You then need to delete one connecting piece of track, like so:

Now let the train proceed. When the train reaches the now-deleted junction it will recalculate its route, but the remainder of its already-reserved route will remain reserved.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - found and fixed on 11.x.