News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bug? Unloading grain at dock ...

Started by dannyman, July 18, 2013, 05:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyman

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zikvznyxvpfv0hi/Yerlhall%20Bay%20bug.sve

Player: Wetingstone Market

Look at:
1) stop: Wetingstone Market dock
2) line: IC Wetingstone-Nunstone Grain/Pax/Mail
3) line: GRAIN Wetingstone Market dock

What should happen is the line in (2) delivers grain to stop (1) and the convoys waiting at (1) to serve line (3) then load the grain and take it over to the mill.

What seems to be happening is the grain is delivered at (1) and then disappears.  Line (3) convoys sit there saying "stuck"

Otherwise this game might also be interesting to look at:
1) The company is losing money.

2) In several towns, you need to build a stable just for a few pack horses to lose money.

3) I didn't like the map generation: I wanted many small cities of comparable size, sited along the coasts and navigable rivers.  So, I built a map with just attractions, built some towns near attractions, other towns in good navigation spots, then increased industry density.  I wanted a game that, in theory, could play for 200 years without the cities overgrowing the map.

4) Also, drew my own intercity roads.  My roads have some bridges, which the game never seems to generate, and I threw in a few bridle paths to some of the resource industries, on the theory that there would at least be a good footpath to town. :)

I am loving experimental + britain.  Please keep up the good work!!!

-danny

MCollett

And here is another example of exactly the same problem:
https://app.box.com/s/vge1j8kveo9cc70592n4

Watch (46) Schooner travelling with a load of fish to Wadebridge Hollybank.  Also keep an eye on Wadebridge Fishmonger  (the factory, not the stop).  What should happen is that the schooner unloads the fish at the dock, whence it is taken by road to the fishmonger.  What actually happens is that when the schooner reaches the dock, the fish disappears, and the patiently waiting wagons remain 'Stuck'; meanwhile, the fishmonger still shows the same quantity of fish en route, even though 110 crates have just evaporated.

Best wishes,
Matthew

jamespetts

Is this not the same as this bug? If so, it will be fixed in the next version (11.1).

Also, I should be grateful if bug reports could be put in the Simutrans-Experimental development forum rather than the Simutrans-Experimental discussion forum. Thank you!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on July 18, 2013, 09:44:53 AM
Is this not the same as this bug?

OK, the latest version of 11.x seems to fix it for me.  So much for the idea of sticking with the official release for a while ...

Best wishes,
Matthew

dannyman

I thought the bug sounded familiar. :)

The good news is anyway, the cargo goes across on the ship, and that's where the money is.  My horseys tend to lose money.

-d